WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

I’m sure it will be a good show, and I have front row tickets, but at the end of the day the UK roster has some great wrestlers but absolutely no stars. And it’s hard to get excited about people who aren’t stars just doing moves. Pete Dunne is tremendous. But he’s not a star. And stars will always be more important than moves. 

I'd argue Bate, Dunne & Seven are ''stars''. From their exposure on NXT TV's to blowing away the competition on Takeovers. If they weren't on the show, I wouldn't have bought a ticket.

There's something about the Empress ballroom. It's the same venue NXT ran on their first UK tour, such event had fans serenading American Alpha with 20 solid minutes worth of chanting, to the point where they had to stop the match and digest exactly what was going on.  And as noted, the UK tournament was universally praised. It's no surprise they're going back there. Seeing the likes of Shawn, Hunter and Balor popping over for it has injected some buzz into it, and with the rumors Walter will be debuting on the show, I expect it to be cracking. 

• Awards Moderator

The card looks decent as well. Devlin has grown on me a lot and him vs Banks should be good. Storm vs Ripley has some good build, the Tag Title match could/should be excellent and the U.K. Title match has a chance, however slim, of going either way. The only thing I’m not fussed about is Dennis and Mastiff.

I’m not excited for the show but I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when I watch it.

7 hours ago, Richard said:

I'd argue Bate, Dunne & Seven are ''stars''. From their exposure on NXT TV's to blowing away the competition on Takeovers. If they weren't on the show, I wouldn't have bought a ticket.

There's something about the Empress ballroom. It's the same venue NXT ran on their first UK tour, such event had fans serenading American Alpha with 20 solid minutes worth of chanting, to the point where they had to stop the match and digest exactly what was going on.  And as noted, the UK tournament was universally praised. It's no surprise they're going back there. Seeing the likes of Shawn, Hunter and Balor popping over for it has injected some buzz into it, and with the rumors Walter will be debuting on the show, I expect it to be cracking. 

20 minutes of shit fans trying to get themselves over sounds utterly terrible. Hopefully none of that tonight. 

• Paid Members

I was there for the American Alpha chants that completely halted the match. In no way whatsoever was it a case of fans trying to get themelves over. It was the crowd going ballistic for Gable and Jordan and, legitimately, it was probably the highlight of both guys' careers. They looked absolutely thrilled. A really great moment. 

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

I was there for the American Alpha chants that completely halted the match. In no way whatsoever was it a case of fans trying to get themelves over. It was the crowd going ballistic for Gable and Jordan and, legitimately, it was probably the highlight of both guys' careers. They looked absolutely thrilled. A really great moment. 

Aye. Anybody who complains about this seriously needs to evaluate why they continue to watch wrestling.

4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I haven’t watched any NXT UK, so I’ll be going into this with an open mind.

Woudnt surprise me if they closed the show with a big WALTER reveal.

Was thinking the same thing myself. I can’t see Dunne dropping the belt to Cody, so see him winning then getting pelted by WALTER, maybe even throw Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner out there too and make them a little stable. To offset that, I imagine that Moustache Mountain are winning the tag belts, though I’d prefer Gibson & Drake win it

27 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Was thinking the same thing myself. I can’t see Dunne dropping the belt to Cody, so see him winning then getting pelted by WALTER, maybe even throw Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner out there too and make them a little stable. To offset that, I imagine that Moustache Mountain are winning the tag belts, though I’d prefer Gibson & Drake win it

Yeah I totally agree I can see Walter getting involved and I would honestly like Gibson and drake to take the gold

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Was thinking the same thing myself. I can’t see Dunne dropping the belt to Cody, so see him winning then getting pelted by WALTER, maybe even throw Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner out there too and make them a little stable. 

If they do that, and don't name the stable THE JOHNNY FOREIGNERS, then they're doing it wrong.