General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, drkopen said:

isn't it based on ticket sales as opposed to attendance. 

Yeah, it is. Still funny though. It's not so bad when they've got 50k in there and they announce 60k. It's funny when they announce 58k and it's very visibly half or less full.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Neville is genuinely good. Carragher can be but his voice annoys me.

Carragher is the textbook example of the apoplectic scouse octave. When he gets upset and angry his voice changes so only dogs and bats can hear him..

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I know the weather played a massive part in the attendance at the Emirates tonight but it's hilarious that they still announced over 58,000. 

The weather contributed, but a factor just as big was most of our fans probably not feeling sado-masochistic enough to watch City enter us with no Vaseline. That was always going to be an embarrassing result.

The players aren't playing for the manager, the fans are cheering against him- just put him out of his misery ffs.

20 hours ago, Ralphy said:

speaking of players who are always injured, according to twitter, Micah Richards has now gone 500 days since his last match for Aston Villa.

May not be all due to injury, but i do recall him being injured an awful lot 

He's due a pay rise if Villa go up.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5701507/micah-richards-500-days-double-pay-promotion-aston-villa/

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Carragher is the textbook example of the apoplectic scouse octave. When he gets upset and angry his voice changes so only dogs and bats can hear him..

Aye. Even funnier given he'd clearly had elecution lessons before he started full time with Sky. Put a lot of effort in to speaking slowly and calmly. First half time and he went full Brookside.

2 hours ago, W35ty said:

What a retarded article, I know it's The Sun, but still! It makes Richards out to be this ultimately lazy pro and bangs on and on about how he hasn't played for 500 days.  Idiotic 'fan comments' in the article like "his contract should be terminated"  and "he's a disgrace" etc. Of course, at the very end of the article it's revealed that he's been training every day but Bruce won't pick him. Can't see how that's Richards fault.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

I think Frank Lampard is an excellent pundit to be honest, you can tell he's played at the top level and is an intelligent bloke (Latin GCSE and all).

Actually, I agree with this, he's quite good. I think Gerrard is alright as well too but he wears his biases far too heavily. Would like to see Lampard have a go at co-commentary.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised Joey Barton hasn't gone onto punditry. 

I always thought he was a bit of a waster, but I'm halfway through his book and he comes across as an intelligent guy, who understands the game and speaks well.

• Paid Members

Joseph Barton comes across as quite an intelligent man, which for a footballer is not something to be sniffed at considering the Graham La Saux was thought of as clever because he read The Guardian. 

Barton comes across as someone who would know who Immanuel Kant was wheras Harry Kane would think you were calling someone called Immanuel a cunt. 

Wasn't Le Saux thought to be gay for reading The Guardian?

I don't think Barton comes across that great on Talkshite. Fair enough compared to Boozil and Mickey Quinn but he just chats shite eloquently most the time and he clearly loves to try and be controversial.

I'd love it (just love it) if they paired up Lampard and Gerrard on the punditry and they both inexplicably started to fluff their lines and talk over each ther.

Archived