General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I can see why City spending causes hatred. 

It's not totally black and white though when comparing back in history. Still doesn't mask that we've wasted a huge amount off money on players and driven the market up. I'd say City inclusion into the top tier off the Premier League should be looked back on for more positive than negative though.

Still feels great though. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know there is not much talk in here of football outside the top flight, but I was at St.Andrews yesterday to see Barnsley beat Birmingham 2-nil.

I hate to say it as I have nothing against Birmingham as a club or their supporters, but I don't think I'v ever experienced a more toxic atmosphere. It had the lot, fans throwing bottles on the pitch, a fan marching up to Cotterill and throwing his season ticket at him, protests against the manager and a few chants against the owners. The lot. 

And the team just look stripped of confidence. Mark Roberts(their centre half) was at Oakwell last year and dominated almost every striker he came up against, but he looked a shell of his former self yesterday(and week in, week out according to the Brum fans).

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I know there is not much talk in here of football outside the top flight

We've just had some discussion on this page and the last about the FA Vase!

After the weekend's results it looks like a dogfight for the last Playoff place including half-a-dozen teams, out of which Brentford and Millwall are gaining serious momentum. I have a preference for Preston simply because they have a good few Irish players.

Wolves can't be caught but could be an interesting race with Cardiff to finish champions. Again I'd like Villa to go up because I think Conor Hourihane can do a job in the PL and they have a couple other Irish players.

I reckon all the signs are there that Derby will bottle it again and have to settle for a Playoff place at best, but I fancy Fulham to make a late charge for the automatic places and, at the least, they are one of my favourites out of the 3 to go up with Wolves. 

I just wish I didn't bottle putting a bet on them right before they started their current run of form way back in December.

• Paid Members

Most entertaining thing about that final was listening to Gary Neville's absolutely merciless scathing of Arsenal's performance on commentary. I don't think I've ever heard the word pathetic used so many times during a game of football. Could tell he really wasn't happy witnessing City stroll their way to a trophy like that. He was spot on in everything that he was saying about this Arsenal team though, they didn't show any bollocks. I hope they can find some for Thursday night.

• Paid Members

Only ten games left to rescue the league season. Just make the fucking change, Chelsea. Champions League football for next season is a generous, rock-bottom minimum requirement as it is, he's still failing.

Sitting around happily watching a season go down the toilet without taking action for the sake of "stability" or something. Is Abramovich dead?

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Most entertaining thing about that final was listening to Gary Neville's absolutely merciless scathing of Arsenal's performance on commentary. I don't think I've ever heard the word pathetic used so many times during a game of football. Could tell he really wasn't happy witnessing City stroll their way to a trophy like that. He was spot on in everything that he was saying about this Arsenal team though, they didn't show any bollocks. I hope they can find some for Thursday night.

The strange thing about Neville is that he's genuinely upset at seeing how far we've fallen over the years. He takes no pleasure whatsoever from seeing us being shit.

• Paid Members
On 20/02/2018 at 8:30 PM, The Maestro said:

I love big Brad. One of my all time favourite players for us. Him, Nelsen, Pedersen and Tugay were such fantastic servants during the 00s. 

We always used to toast Friedel whenever we were drinking Jagermeister. The man is a legend. That Rovers squad at the time was immense.

Archived