General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

If only West Brom could have had some hint that this might have happened to Daniel Sturridge.

I was thinking the same thing. Any team that signs Sturridge to a contract that doesn't include injury release clauses or one that drops his wage if he is injured for a significant period of time deserves everything they get.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Yea, signing DS was a gamble, but i felt as though it would work out, oh well, sums up the season really!

He is in a predicament now, for sure, cant see many teams signing him now without clauses like you stated @Cod Eye

It's a shame, as he's quality when fit. If a club can get him on a pay as you play deal, then he will be an asset...

• Paid Members

I hope this isn't classed as live chat, as the game is at half time, but the Spurs/Rochdale game has managed to convince me that the way they are implementing VAR is completely wrong.

I don't think there's a right way to implement it, as most of the decisions being referred to it are still completely subjective, so it doesn't solve anything by using it. Just makes the ref shit scared to make a decision on his own. I'd get rid, the goal line technology is enough and crystal clear, VAR is bollocks.

• Paid Members

It was fucking shit. It's not even that one (at least) of the decisions was wrong, it's the length of time we're treated to a referee standing there like a doughnut with his finger in his ear while the players, staff, supporters and everyone else involved has no idea what the hell is going on. 

Also, I don't think I've heard a worse commentary performance in years than the one on BT Sport tonight. I have a literal headache after listening to those two for 90+ minutes.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Also, I don't think I've heard a worse commentary performance in years than the one on BT Sport tonight. I have a literal headache after listening to those two for 90+ minutes.

Who was on?

• Paid Members

Dawson-challenge-1024x768.jpg

A few weeks ago after having DAYS to review this tackle, the FA and the referee decided appropriate action was taken by awarding no free-kick.

What difference is giving the same band of idiots a few seconds during a game going to make? VAR can fuck off (aside from offside calls) until it's a robot/or run by different people.

3 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Robbie Savage and I'm not sure who the lead commentator was - I swear they all put on this "this is what a football commentator sounds like voice" in recent times.

It was Paul Dempsey believe it or not, does the odd Champions League game for them but mainly does Bundesliga games

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

It was Paul Dempsey believe it or not, does the odd Champions League game for them but mainly does Bundesliga games

Is he usually good? I don't usually pay too much attention to who's calling games, but they were so bad tonight I couldn't get over it. Maybe he was dragged down by the immense gravitational pull of Robbie Savage's shittiness. Robbie Savage, who was asked during the game why a goalkeeper did something and replied, "I don't know, I've never played in goal."

1 minute ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Is he usually good? Maybe he was dragged down by the immense gravitational pull of Robbie Savage's shittiness. Robbie Savage, who was asked during the game why a goalkeeper did something and replied, "I don't know, I've never played in goal."

Only heard him a couple of times, most recently before tonight was his commentary for Ademola Lookman's debut goal for Leipzig last month

• Paid Members

No, Dempsey is awful. His move from presenting to commentating has been one of the worst things in football of the last decade. Him and Savage is enough to make me wish for deaf.

Archived