General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its true and Milan can't settle with Uefa over financial fair play they are well and truly cooked. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/protecting-the-game/club-licensing-and-financial-fair-play/news/newsid=2526997.html#/

No European competition even if they don't look likely to get it anyway. 

That squad will be picked bare. Probably won't be able to demand the €100 plus they would hope to get for Donnarumma. Current squad players like Suso, Çalhanoğlu, Silva and Rodriguez would possibly have to be moved on at reduced rates. They would hopefully rebuild with the likes of Conti, Cutrone and Locatelli. 

Signing Bonucci to try and tighten up the back looks to have been iffy move since it stopped them being able to afford Aubameyang.

Italian pundit James Horncastle did say he wouldn't be surprised if Berlusconi tried to buy it back off the Chinese. Kinda of like Mr. Burns buying the power plant back from the Germans at a cut price when he sold it to them. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Bagsy Donnarumma, Bonucci and Suso (as a pound shop Coutinho replacement) for Liverpool. How's Kessie lookedthis year?

He's done really well apparently, however I believe he is there on loan with an obligation to buy- so I don't know what would happen this summer if they financially can't fulfil that obligation.

I'd imagine they will get a hefty fee for Donnarumma still, you'd imagine most major clubs will enter a bidding war over him as he is a long-term replacement for pretty much everyone.

Suso has been very good for them. Çalhanoğlu not so much, and Andre Silva has been pretty awful (in Serie A, anyway).

• Paid Members

Would imagine Donnarumma will be Madrid bound unless they go for De Gea again. Maybe Liverpool will actually try and buy a good goalkeeper, who knows. More likely to get Borini back, I would imagine.

• Paid Members

Liverpool could do with an experienced, world-class* keeper that has won the Champions League and has 4 Premier League medals under his belt. Comes with a free helmet. Just don't concede any penalties near him, though.

*world class at some point in time

Getting rid of him was the right thing to do at the time. He was a bit rotten at the end of his stay here and was a shell of the Keeper we signed. He definitely found his rhythm again along the way but I doubt spending a couple of years under Brendan shouting things like "be a poem not a novel" at him would have made him regain form. Signing an even shitter 'keeper to replace him was the real mistake.

Reina was a terrible loss. Liverpool have a pretty poor record in goalkeepers pretty much for the last 25 years. James and Friedel were at the club at the wrong time and got much much better as they were entering their latter years. Kirkland was too injury prone. Dudek and Westerveld were decent shotstoppers but always had a mistake in them in important games like James did. Dudek probably gets forgiven a lot for the Champions League final. Carson was out of his depth but again is good in championship as he has got older and two the current ones, I don't think anybody has confidence in them. Karius is just to ponderous with his decision making and or concentration and Mignolet doesn't look to have the ability to command or communicate. 

If your going to buy a goalkeeper such as Donnarumma for Liverpool you would need a very good coach such as Eric Steele when United had him. I know I've posted this before but this article is a great insight in how De Gea was trained up and possibly how it turned De Gea into the amazing keeper he is now. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/28/david-de-gea-manchester-united

For Liverpool I'd go with Jack Butland or if they could get him Jan Oblak. Pretty much ticks the boxes for what your looking for as an instant replacement for the other two. 

Reina as a short term couple of years replacement I'd snap him up in a heartbeat. 

Oblak to me is the one that is more gettable for the likes of Liverpool/Arsenal who need a goalkeeper. I know Atletico Madrid are difficult to play against even on a bad day but his record of clean sheets is astonishing. You would have to think as well that this summer is the time for Liverpool/Arsenal to go big on a keeper whilst the likes of United/Bayern/City/Barcelona/Chelsea are good for keepers. 

I find it astounding and arrogant when Premier League fans say that the likes of Liverpool or Arsenal should go in for Oblak. Atletico are a good team who on are par if not superior to the likes of those two. If he was to leave Atletico surely he would go to a team that is going to regularly push for winning the league rather than a couple of also rans who at best make up the top four. No offence to Arsenal/Liverpool fans of course.

5 hours ago, stevieg1980 said:

Reina was a terrible loss. Liverpool have a pretty poor record in goalkeepers pretty much for the last 25 years. James and Friedel were at the club at the wrong time and got much much better as they were entering their latter years. Kirkland was too injury prone. Dudek and Westerveld were decent shotstoppers but always had a mistake in them in important games like James did. Dudek probably gets forgiven a lot for the Champions League final. Carson was out of his depth but again is good in championship as he has got older and two the current ones, I don't think anybody has confidence in them. Karius is just to ponderous with his decision making and or concentration and Mignolet doesn't look to have the ability to command or communicate. 

Friedel was incredible at Blackburn from day one. I think he just had big stage jitters like de Gea and once he settled he was a beast. We got him on a free too. One of our best ever signings.

Archived