General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

How many people still pay top-whack for all this football? And when might this bubble burst? I don’t see the youth coming through to take over the fans who have been following footy for decades. When I was a kid, you’d struggle to find room at the park for a kick about. Nowadays when I head down with my Nephews, it’s like a ghost town.

I’m genuinely interested to know how popular football still is in the UK.

The cleverness of Now TV means a lot of people that wouldn't don't, but they'll pick and choose a game; people that would normally scoff at paying the Sky Sport package prices now pay a £10 for a weekend. The Guardian did an article a year or two ago basically saying Sky realise their current model limits their reach, which is why Now TV is important in squeezing money out of the poor white trash.

I think Sky Sports is a proper shit show, though, compared to BT. With BT Sport, you're getting Premier League, Champions League, UFC, Serie A, Bundesliga, Paul Scholes etc.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

They've always been available on each other's service, albeit at an additional subscription fee, which is still the case.

This is said to be changing next years as both Sky Sports & BT have agreed to share TV channels. Presumably as they thought the streaming services would outbid them. I'm sure there was a few articles about this a few months ago. 

2 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

This is said to be changing next years as both Sky Sports & BT have agreed to share TV channels. Presumably as they thought the streaming services would outbid them. I'm sure there was a few articles about this a few months ago. 

Wait 

So I wont need to pay for BT Sport as well my Sky subscription? that would be a little winner, though no doubt Sky will then put the price up of their own service anyway

4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Any news on Championship games coverage? I need to know this for the upcoming seasons as i am a wba fan 

Live matches will still be exclusively on Sky, but highlights are moving from Channel 5 to some obscure station named Quest, which is apparently on Freeview. 

• Paid Members

1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

It's all spin. Sounds like they'll be adding them to certain packages, but those packages will of course be higher to incorporate those channels. It's going to be no different than paying a separate sub, other than you only have one payment coming out of your account.

7 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

Live matches will still be exclusively on Sky, but highlights are moving from Channel 5 to some obscure station named Quest, which is apparently on Freeview. 

Apparently it has the largest audience share for a digital channel at that time of day in the Norfolk area.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Quest is owned by Discovery Channel, which also owns Eurosport. It could be a sign of intent. I would love to watch Premier League action with badly dubbed commentary.

We already have that, it's called Michael Owen. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Quest isn't obscure. They have re-runs of Wheeler Dealers and Salvage Hunters. Just me?

That Drew Pritchard is a grabbing bastard. Spewing vitriol at him is why I watch it.

What's the one where they buy old storage units?  One bloke has a "Yupppp" catchphrase and some really annoying woman tries her damnedest to get her "Yeehaw" over and it's annoying as fuck.  

I like the ones that are like the barn finds in Forza Horizon.

Archived