General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I was watching Napoli vs Lazio last night. Napoli were on fire that second half. Very lovely football being played.

They've been one of the best teams to watch in Europe for years now. If they can avoid a repeat of 2016 then the party that Naples will have will be absolutely insane. My stepbrother, who is Italian and lives in Naples is too young to remember their last scudetto and thinks that this year will FINALLY be it (but he did say that 2 years ago as well)

They're OBSESSED with football in that city. He rang me crying when Higuain left. So yeah, hopefully they can hang on this year.

• Paid Members

City have been wonderful this year, but when you look at the table and Everton (who have been shocking) could finish 7th this year it goes to show how shit the league is. We live in a world where loads of teams can splash big money and play absolute shite week in week out. United, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea are pretty much the same quality to me. Rotating door of wins, loses and draws every other week.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Just read that Man. City can win the title if they win their next six games. The sixth of those is Man. Utd. at home. If it happens, that'll be up there with iconic moments, and would also be dead funny.

I remember when Chelsea won the title at home to United.in 2006. They didn't enjoy it then, if they end up losing the title to City in the Derby this season it'll be even worse. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

There were rumours that Amazon and other online streaming services would bid and there’re still two pacakages left to sell so something interesting could still happen there. That all said, it looks like the money made for this period of TV rights will eclipse the last one.

I reckon one of them will be snapped up by Amazon or possibly one of the other American tech giants. Looking at the packages in question, they seem quite well suited for that kind of platform to test the waters with. Also, I think they might be relatively cheaper packages as they're not spread over a long period of time unlike the others.

With that in mind, I don't think the total paid for the rights will be much higher than the current deal, and that's with more games thrown into the mix. £ per game it'll probably decrease VS the last deal. In fact, Sky have paid £600m less than they did last time, for 2 more games. I reckon they'll take one of the other packages- they now have two channels dedicated to football and no Champions League. They need it more than BT.

Archived