General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

If I were one of the other Europa League teams, then I'd hope so.

What else can be said. Absolute joke of a club. 8 defeats so far in 2008. If Milan turn us over then the board need to grow some bollocks and do the right thing.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arsene Wenger contract extension is going to be extra sweet this time around.

In all seriousness I'm inclined to agree with one of the dimwits on Talkshite who said they thought he only signed the two year extension so he could play out his last season without the media circus but then again who knows with Arsene, he conducted the bloody circus last year.

Awful news about Astori. No age at all that. Sad times.

I know its easy to have a pop at Arsenal these days and slate Wenger, but he has to quit end of the season doesn't he? 2018 so far has been the worst spell he's had and the last few years ain't exactly been great. I feel for him as he's but such a game changing manager for English football but its all turning out to be quite sad now. I'm almost expecting Pep to whisper "I'm sorry" in his ear before superkicking him before the season's done.

Just now, Ralphy said:

Piss poor pedestrian performance that from Chelsea, showed no desire to try to get the ball from city and looked very lethargic.  

That’s rich to hear from a West Brom fan...

Conte gets the team selection wrong once again, we looked like we couldn’t be bothered, walking around for practically that whole second half. 

Contes substitutions and team selections baffles me on a weekly basis. 

What's up with Chelsea? They seen to have a great season followed by one afterwards for the last few years. Is there something rotten deep down at the club or is it something else? I got laughed at amongst friends at start of the season for saying they'd finish in the Europa League places and they've certainty not let me down. Chelsea fans, please shed some light.

For me Conte has been very vocal about not getting the players he wanted during the transfer window (he wanted Lukaku instead of Morata and Mourinho wanted Morata instead of Lukaku) 

I thought Morata didn’t do to badly up until his injury but now it seems that’s Conte is just not playing him out of spite and would prefer to play with no strikers what so ever. 

Woudnt have been in this mess if he didn’t tell Diego Costa to fuck off in the summer the prat. 

• Paid Members

From the beeb: "Manchester City today completed 902 passes - more than any other team has managed in a single Premier League game since 2003-04 (when Opta started recording the stat)".

Still, Conte must be fizzing that they weren't switched on at the start of the 2nd, seeing City could only manage the one goal against his defence.

• Paid Members

That was a fucking awful game of football to watch this afternoon. Possession obsession football from a team that didn't seem bothered about doing anything with the ball, vs a team that just looked happy not to have it at all. City are obviously a brilliant side, but when supposedly big teams like Chelsea aren't even interested in giving them a game it really goes to show what a shit league we've got this year.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

From the beeb: "Manchester City today completed 902 passes - more than any other team has managed in a single Premier League game since 2003-04 (when Opta started recording the stat)".

Still, Conte must be fizzing that they weren't switched on at the start of the 2nd, seeing City could only manage the one goal against his defence.

Assuming the team in 2003-04 was Arsenal?

Ah fucking ignore me. Wenger out eh?

• Paid Members

Putrid game this afternoon. 

That being said even with mixing it up a bit you can see why City were flat. Playing Arsenal twice and Chelsea in 7 days and coming out with 3 wins in no easy feat. Thing is City only turned it on for about 90 mins in all off them games which shows the current standards off opposition. 

• Moderators
On 02/03/2018 at 4:18 PM, Porkchopcash said:

Barton was asking the other day why Dembele can’t earn a call up to the french team. Someone pointed out he is a Belgian international.

not quite to this level though.

Here's TalkSHITE's greatest moment.

• Paid Members

Unbelievably shit league. The standards are shockingly low and have been for a few seasons. City taking a strangle hold has been waiting to happen for a good few years now. City are genuinely good, so make mince meat out of the garbage cluttering up the Premiership at the minute. It's proper 99/2000 era Premier League at the minute. Where the top side could go to Brazil for a month and come back and nobody has come close to them.

Archived