General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Four Horsemen said:

Firstly the only way Arsenal will get into Europe next season will be booking a holiday with TUI or another travel agent. When you have sorted your own house out and are in the Champions League again then by all means criticise.

R6TO9.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Out of interest though, are Spurs improving year on year? I see them as the same side as they were a few years ago.  

Last year we got walloped out of the group stages and then knocked out of the Europa League. Compared with this season, that's clear improvement. Especially when you consider that really nobody gave us much of a chance of getting out of a group containing Madrid and Dortmund this year. 

• Paid Members

Of course they've improved. The Spurs team 'a few years ago' is nowhere near as good as this one. This current side really started to hit their stride 2 years ago and were even better last season. This year they've had a slower start but have been building momentum more and more recently.

What they're now showing, which a Jol or Redknapp side never showed, is consistency (it's no secret all this is happening while they're managing to hold onto their best players for once). They should finish in the top 4 again this season, which will be three years running. The cunts.

• Paid Members

One way in which we've actually got worse is in the full back positions. If we'd had the Rose and Walker combo of last season tonight, I reckon we would have progressed. I think Trippier and Davies have done well this season but they aren't, to my mind, the level we need to compete at the very top. Rose has lost his place to Davies but that's very much due to his outburst in The Sun last summer. He was also injured for ages, of course. But I reckon he's getting sold in the summer. As far as Aurier goes, I had pretty high hopes for him when we got him but he's not performed as I had hoped he would. Although Pochettino is referred to among the Spurs fan base as the "Fullback Whisperer" so hopefully he'll have a better second season. Either way, we need a significant upgrade in those two positions for next season. 

• Paid Members

Managed to win £50+ last night thanks to that beautiful Wembley post (and 10 minutes of Juve looking good). Now off to Farmfoods to live off my winnings for the year.

They lost, like, but over the two legs I was surprised at how well Spurs played. Granted, Chiellini harshly summed it up with Spurs "always miss something at the end". 

15 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

I feel ashamed that he's ripped off my avatar, exact same picture

Exactly how did I rip off your sig? Its a picture that is freely available on any Goggle image search.

I didn't invent the biro pen but I still use one every day at work, does that make me a lesser person? I would say not hopefully.

48 minutes ago, The Four Horsemen said:

Exactly how did I rip off your sig? Its a picture that is freely available on any Goggle image search.

I didn't invent the biro pen but I still use one every day at work, does that make me a lesser person? I would say not hopefully.

Avatar, I've used that image pretty much since I've posted on here, you could have used any image of the Horsemen

Just now, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Avatar, I've used that image pretty much since I've posted on here, you could have used any image of the Horsemen

I actually used the original Horsemen logo for my avatar for ages. Obviously missed the memo telling me if one person was using an image someone else couldn't. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

If a picture paints a thousand words how come you can work out someone is a prick after only about a dozen. 

snow_willy.jpg

Archived