It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

11 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

An interesting take on Donald's options from a former FBI special agent & lawyer. 

Would his ego allow him to plead this out?

Absolutely it would, he’ll just pretend like he didn’t and all his followers will follow suit.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

An interesting take on Donald's options from a former FBI special agent & lawyer. 

Would his ego allow him to plead this out?

I don't think he will. He's far too stubborn and pig-headed. His behaviour so far hasn't suggested he would consider a 'deal' way out, I think if anything he doubles down.

That lawyer though, one for the less commercial/conventional thread 😍

• Paid Members

Trump has a history of completely changing his position on an issue in an instant and pretending that's what he thought the entire time. He used to do it in his business life all the time when under any real pressure. He's stubborn up till the point he has no other options, at that point he will immediately flip flop to save his skin and won't think twice about it.

And Trump, like Johnson, clearly isn't unintelligent. He's very cunning. He's a career grifter, a fighter and a survivor. He definitely is stupid about a lot of things and has several personality disorders but to underestimate him because he can barely form coherent sentences and talks immense amount of bollocks would be a bad idea. I'm not remotely surprised that he and Vince McMahon get on so well. 

• Paid Members
On 1/7/2021 at 6:32 PM, wordsfromlee said:

This is nearly as good as the woman still in her Curry's uniform who was caught looting from Curry's during the London riots.

Is that a real person? It looks like a 15-year-old kid’s stuck on a joke shop Amish beard. 

• Paid Members

Rumour is he's announcing his own social media platform soon following his getting kicked off of Twitter, Facebook etc. 

8 hours ago, stewdogg said:

I think this sums up Boris Johnson.
I don’t think many people thought that Trump was an idiot or a laughing stock. I’m sure most people would agree that he’s been dangerous from the start with his constant fake news, denying climate change, that G7 appearance when he kept pushing to the front of the picture, dropping out WHO in the pandemic, going to North Korea, assassinating Iranians. There’s probably loads more to add. This are not the actions of a laughing stock, he’s a massive narcissist and has used his position to take the piss out of the world for the last 4 years. 

Nothing wrong with that, more dialogue should be had with the DPRK instead of just throwing sanctions at them which do nothing but harm the ordinary civilian.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Rumour is he's announcing his own social media platform soon following his getting kicked off of Twitter, Facebook etc. 

God, I hope he does.

It'll be fucking hilarious to see him getting a taste of what he's put Twitter through over the past few years. I can't wait to see him ranting about Apple and Google refusing to carry it, investors and advertisers pulling out and finally suing everybody in a desperate attempt to recoup his losses.

Let's face it, it's not going to work is it?

43 minutes ago, neil said:

He'll ask his fans to donate to build the platform. Then he'll pocket the money and leave them stranded. He's a grifter through and through.

That’s exactly what Farage did with the Brexit Party. They didn’t have members, they had donors and were set up as a business. Then the business got dissolved before they had to show their accounts and they rebranded. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, stewdogg said:

I’m sure most people would agree that he’s been dangerous from the start with his constant fake news, denying climate change, that G7 appearance when he kept pushing to the front of the picture, dropping out WHO in the pandemic, going to North Korea, assassinating Iranians.

As a great bird once said, one of these things is not like the others.