It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

he would probably get Eric or Trump Jr to be the nominee with him as VP

It would be Ivanka, in my opinion.  She was one of his top advisors and they can play into the whole international diplomacy that she's been a part of.  Plus she is the pin up for GOP types, one of the few women they'd actually vote for.  However, she is married to a jew so that might not work.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It would be Ivanka, in my opinion.  She was one of his top advisors and they can play into the whole international diplomacy that she's been a part of.  Plus she is the pin up for GOP types, one of the few women they'd actually vote for.  However, she is married to a jew so that might not work.

They will ignore the jew thing. If they can have a satisfying wank imagining their patriot goddesses decked out in sexy tactical gear then they'll happily vote for them. Thats why you see morons like Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene elected.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I think getting funding would be the easiest part. Trump's supporters love throwing him cash and a lot of them are wealthy (Chris Jericho would probably chuck him 20 grand). And he's got the Evangelists behind him and they have a lot of money to throw around. He will never crack the two party system, but he will make enough cash to keep himself out of prison and have enough support that he'll still have a lot of influence on the Republican party because if he takes his base with him that's a huge loss of votes for the Republicans. Throw in speaking events, books and some kind of media company and he will be able to pay off his debts and stay out of prison.

Again, I just don't see it.

He's Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey multiplied by a million. Jericho might well donate until the heat starts coming down from Tony Khan, TNT or hurting Fozzy but I think even he is too smart for it.

Yep. Even Jericho.

Same with speaking events and books. Those just aren't going to happen. They'd make money, granted, but it'd also be taken them profiting off his actions. Nobody wants that kind of publicity. A week ago, sure, but today is a very very different world.

I'll admit that I didn't consider the Evangelists though.

On a different note, Parlor has been hacked and all their data leaked. Turns out they were lying when they said they didn't retain any of the personal information they collected.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Again, I just don't see it.

He's Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey multiplied by a million.

Not at all. His core followers still love him and those who were put off by the Capitol incident will lie to themselves and say that Trump wasn't to blame just like he isn't to blame for anything and open their wallets for him. These are people who saw video of police officers choking a black man to death and said "well he should have complied. Blue lives matter! Law and order! MAGA!". They are all in and too far gone for normal politics now.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

These are people who saw video of police officers choking a black man to death and said "well he should have complied. Blue lives matter! Law and order! MAGA!

Which is part of why the videos of them resisting arrest and screaming their arm is being gripped a bit too tight in an airport are all the more amazing. 

4 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Could be wrong (not sure how the selection process works) but couldn't Trump try to run again on a GOP ticket?

He can, currently, hence why impeachment is being sought out despite him having little time left of his presidency.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Not at all. His core followers still love him and those who were put off by the Capitol incident will lie to themselves and say that Trump wasn't to blame just like he isn't to blame for anything and open their wallets for him. These are people who saw video of police officers choking a black man to death and said "well he should have complied. Blue lives matter! Law and order! MAGA!". They are all in and too far gone for normal politics now.

Oh sure.

I'm just doubtful about how much power those people actually have. I'm sure Spacey still has fans, for example, just none that are prepared to sacrifice their own careers to put him in a movie.

Retaining fans means nothing if he can't monetize them and his ability to do that is being cut off more and more every day. They can't buy his book if no one is willing to publish it or carry it. They can't donate to his campaign if no company is willing to handle the transaction. They can attend a rally but they can't force someone to host it, they can't force companies to promote it or even sell tickets for it. The PGA have cancelled plans to play a tournament at one of his golf courses, which is fucking massive and sets a trend for other big events.  

Basically his situation now is exactly what he's always pretended it was. He's an enemy of Corporate America.

That's just the situation now too! The more that I read about it, the more it seems like it was an attempt at a Coup. National Guard response delayed? A Republican Governor tweeting updates about where Pelosi was while the attack was going on? According to this article the Capitol Police were deliberately unprepared for it, and their bosses were mysteriously unreachable while it was going on? It's rotten.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, stumobir said:

After it’s been laundered at least a dozen times and we find out that it actually came from the tip jars at Turnberry.

I don’t see him having any issues in raising funds, mainly because he won’t care where that money comes from and there is a vested interest in keeping America fucked. It’ll be interesting to see if he launches his own media platforms, it’ll be his only way of staying relevant but could also be a financial clusterfuck as I don’t see how they could ever make any advertising revenue, I’m sure it won’t stop his ego from convincing him to give a go though, provided someone else picks up the tab. 

Watch Newsmax become Trump Newsmax in weeks time. There's a reason he's been pumping that and OAN up so much, he wants in.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

However, she is married to a jew so that might not work.

I don't think that will matter, a lot of Trump's fanbase appear to have become supporters of the Israeli government during the past 4 years going by Twitter. 

Casual anti semitism and pro-Israeli sentiments are both very much on brand for some of this lot, it's not like cognitive dissonance is much of a problem for them elsewhere.