It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

The breakout stars of this election have been John and Gisele Fetterman, with the former dropping Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs quotes into his interviews and his wife taking the piss out of him resting his laptop on a pile of books while his dog tries to lick his leg. 

13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If it’s any consolation, even this thread has proven that live chat reduces any thread to dogshit. What with bookie odds here, counts currently at what lead and what percent. You aren’t Twitter or breaking news, guys (Tilde excepted)

I can understand finding it dreary, but it's a major developing news story, not an episode of Raw or a Liverpool game.

Surely you can see that making the same point again - I'm sure we all caught it the first time - is falling foul of your own expressed concern over the quotas of relevance these posts should be reaching? 

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If it’s any consolation, even this thread has proven that live chat reduces any thread to dogshit. What with bookie odds here, counts currently at what lead and what percent. You aren’t Twitter or breaking news, guys (Tilde excepted)

I'm actually finding the updates in this thread immensely useful. It's providing a useful and insightful summary of what's been happening, especially through @JNLister - I struggle to keep track of everything on the news websites and on Twitter, and there's too much doom-scrolling to put up with whenever I do. It sounds ridiculous but this thread's been my first source of information for finding out the latest.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

That particular ship set sail four years ago. 

I’ve never seen one before, no one has, but I’m guessing it’s a White Hole.

Yeah, Lister is a constant great source of information and brilliantly sums up the information needed to be digested, but that isn't live chat, it's responding to questions.  Finding out Betfred have changed the odds on Biden since 90 minutes ago? not so much.  Thankfully we are nearing the end now so it's calmed down.

• Paid Members

I’d say those kind of posts are very few and far between. Can it be considered live chat if this drags on for days/weeks/months? What’s happening by the minute IS the story, seems obvious people would want to discuss it as and when it happens. 

Oh absolutely, there are lots more twists and turns to come but ones that generate discussion, odds changing every hour isn't, nor is an update of a few percent more votes counted.  It just made it a slog to read with those posts shitting up the thread, much like this one, but as I say we are past it now.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Thankfully we are nearing the end now

That is a race that may have been called early 15K Keith. 

With the shenanigans that are going to happen once Biden is declared the winner this is only just getting started. 

3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That is a race that may have been called early 15K Keith. 

With the shenanigans that are going to happen once Biden is declared the winner this is only just getting started. 

Sorry, I meant posts regarding betting odds and count progress.  In relevant news, Kanye has conceded defeat.

I know Trump has no ability to ruminate or reflect or understand numbers, but if the margin he's lost in Georgia stays the same I really hope someone points out to him that he lost Georgia by 1.5k and his horrific handling of COVID killed 8.5k in that state. Quite probably people who would have voted for him.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The breakout stars of this election have been John and Gisele Fetterman, with the former dropping Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs quotes into his interviews and his wife taking the piss out of him resting his laptop on a pile of books while his dog tries to lick his leg. 

They are my new favourite power couple. 

G332IL4EOFHOROIAPLMQFHP4LA.jpg