It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Think it's a sports thing. Bear in mind Graeme LeSaux was labelled "gay" by his peers for reading The Guardian.

It was because he celebrated his England call up by going camping with male friends, wasn’t it? Plus he holidayed with Ken Monkou (not a euphemism)

Of course, Robbie Fowler didn’t help. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It was because he celebrated his England call up by going camping with male friends, wasn’t it? Plus he holidayed with Ken Monkou (not a euphemism)

Of course, Robbie Fowler didn’t help. 

Ah, I didn't know about the camping thing. I read an interview with him where he said he still had a problem with Robbie Fowler for starting the whole thing because of his reading habits. The journalist didn't mention anything else in the rest of the article. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Ah, I didn't know about the camping thing. I read an interview with him where he said he still had a problem with Robbie Fowler for starting the whole thing because of his reading habits. The journalist didn't mention anything else in the rest of the article. 

Whenever the subject of homosexuality and football comes up I still find it incredible that there hasn't been the same cultural shift that there has been in most of the rest of society. I wonder what has to happen for footballers to be able or feel able to be openly gay? I also wonder how it is possible to keep your sexuality a secret in the age of camera phones, instant trending on social media. I know it's well off topic for this thread but it's a shame football isn't more reflective of society. I genuinely don't know enough about the subject outside of the media reports around Justin Fashanu and Thomas Hitzelsperger. Random thought for the day. 

53 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

He also has a problem with Fowler because Fowler still tries to play off the arse spreading thing as banter and it was a bit of a laugh, when it was out and out homophobia.