It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Does that mean it's official?

It's not official in the procedural sense (that comes once the states certify the votes later this month, appoint the Electoral College and then it votes in December.)

It's official in the sense that projections like this are how Americans decide/agree who's won on Election Night (or shortly after.)

• Paid Members
Just now, JNLister said:

It's not official in the procedural sense (that comes once the states certify the votes later this month, appoint the Electoral College and then it votes in December.)

It's official in the sense that projections like this are how Americans decide/agree who's won on Election Night (or shortly after.)

Fair enough! 

Thanks for all the in depth explanations and updates for plebs like me that have always been ignorant of politics outside our own borders for so long! They have been a big help for me!

• Paid Members

It's crazy how I thought this would be a clear victory for Biden, but has instead ended up with me watching CNN Live for almost 3 days straight and watching Trump sit in his own piss and shit, which is even better.

• Paid Members

Is there anything in their laws to stop him basically sabotaging the country in the few months before Biden takes the reins? I'm not thinking about him shitting in a desk drawer or stealing a load of bog roll from the White House, but actually causing a war or doing something that would crash the economy? I mean, it's obvious he's petty enough to try something, if he is s inclined. But does he lose any of his powers once the election is "called"?

• Paid Members

Important note on Pennsylvania is that Biden's going to win there before they even start counting the votes that arrived after Election Day. So that means the most plausible case of a Trump lawsuit winding up in the Supreme Court is now irrelevant.

Just now, JNLister said:

No, he's still got the same powers. The only way that stops if he's impeached and convicted, or if the Cabinet declares him medically incapacitated.

That particular ship set sail four years ago. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, JNLister said:

No, he's still got the same powers. The only way that stops if he's impeached and convicted, or if the Cabinet declares him medically incapacitated.

That's just asking for trouble! If I bet his pisses in the White House kettle or something.

1 minute ago, JNLister said:

Important note on Pennsylvania is that Biden's going to win there before they even start counting the votes that arrived after Election Day. So that means the most plausible case of a Trump lawsuit winding up in the Supreme Court is now irrelevant.

That's really good to hear.

6 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Is there anything in their laws to stop him basically sabotaging the country in the few months before Biden takes the reins? I'm not thinking about him shitting in a desk drawer or stealing a load of bog roll from the White House, but actually causing a war or doing something that would crash the economy? I mean, it's obvious he's petty enough to try something, if he is s inclined. But does he lose any of his powers once the election is "called"?

Even at a civilised level, the transition process is going to be a bit tricky I'm sure.

Biden hasn't had any formal access to anything for 4 years & you can bet he isn't going to be getting any advance briefings before January