It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

I think I've just watched a low energy coup attempt. 

I know it's wishful thinking, but we're surely face to the glass with this singularity of insanity we've been rocketing towards since 2016, right? 

I'm not expecting things to be a utopia next year, but this has climactic scenes written all over it. 

• Paid Members

That Trump conference felt like a watershed moment. It was the most incoherent babbling I've ever seen from him, and that's saying something. He's fucking done for.

Biden is going to take Georgia, isn't he? Trump's lead narrowed to just 3,500 now. I've been watching that dwindle away for over 36 hours now with such interest. This is even better than when you could watch Big Brother live 24/7 for the first time.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That Trump conference felt like a watershed moment. It was the most incoherent babbling I've ever seen from him, and that's saying something. He's fucking done for.

Biden is going to take Georgia, isn't he? Trump's lead narrowed to just 3,500 now. I've been watching that dwindle away for over 36 hours now with such interest. This is even better than when you could watch Big Brother live 24/7 for the first time.

Definitely. Biden is less than 1% away from flipping Georgia to the Democrats. That press conference by Trump has in an instant, united every sane person in the country against him and greenlit the media and fellow politicians to (rightfully) shred him and call him on his bullshit. I think they were collectively shocked by how much Trump had increased turnout and vote-share when a landslide Biden victory had been predicted so they were cautious. Now though he's having some sort of emotional or psychotic breakdown and they truly realize the danger he poses and have thought "F*ck it, this needs to stop." It's a breath of fresh air to see all of the mainstream media, numerous senior republicans and everyone in between go all in on putting an end to it. In any other day or country jobs would be on the line for not broadcasting uninterrupted, for openly calling "liar" and making a stand for something bigger than their usual Partisan interests. They've never once done it before and Trump has managed to do unite a majority of people, professions and politicians against himself. Untold damage to his party. This feels like one of those moments in history that will be spoken about for decades to come. Glorious. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Definitely. Biden is less than 1% away from flipping Georgia to the Democrats. That press conference by Trump has in an instant, united every sane person in the country against him and greenlit the media and fellow politicians to (rightfully) shred him and call him on his bullshit. I think they were collectively shocked by how much Trump had increased turnout and vote-share when a landslide Biden victory had been predicted so they were cautious. Now though he's having some sort of emotional or psychotic breakdown and they truly realize the danger he poses and have thought "F*ck it, this needs to stop." It's a breath of fresh air to see all of the mainstream media, numerous senior republicans and everyone in between go all in on putting an end to it. In any other day or country jobs would be on the line for not broadcasting uninterrupted, for openly calling "liar" and making a stand for something bigger than their usual Partisan interests. They've never once done it before and Trump has managed to do unite a majority of people, professions and politicians against himself. Untold damage to his party. This feels like one of those moments in history that will be spoken about for decades to come. Glorious. 

More like rats jumping ship. They could’ve spoken out against him when he admitted to sexually assaulting women, or when he condoned and emboldened white supremacy, or when he solicited foreign interference in this election, or any of the other acts that showed him to be the worst of the worst. They didn’t, they stood by him at the time because it suited their interests, now it doesn’t and they’re dropping him like a hot tamale, Trump didn’t become a facist overnight. The only thing bigger than partisan interests to these people are their own interests.

• Paid Members

That gap in Georgia is down to 3,500. Biden is pulling away in Arizona, theoretically Trump could wait for military absentee ballots (which traditionally lean towards Republicans) to come in and see what they do, but a recent poll apparently showed that even they were favouring Biden, and we all know how much Trump loves a poll.