It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

It's weird watching how effortlessly the facemask mandate represents across the two groups of supporters on the streets. I know it's not in the least bit unexpected, but the adherence with Trump supporters versus the Biden contingent celebrating is so visually atypical on those split screen feeds the networks are doing right now. You've got to look for someone amongst the dancing Democrats whose not wearing a mask. You've really got to look for someone amongst the downbeat freedom fighters on the other side who is wearing one.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, neil said:

The whole thing is like a football club, right down to "life-long" fans going on about "the refs were against us"

That's a fucking brilliant analogy!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It’s almost as if people can’t change their opinion or views on things over time

Aye, it's like that comedian you posted that link to a while back, Alistair Green. At first I thought he was a bit shit, but I looked into him a bit more, read some tweets and watched some videos, and now I think he's really shit. 

Edited by gmoney

It seems like the “JoE bIdEn AiNt No SaInT eItHeR!!” brigade seem to be out in full force on Twitter this evening. The past couple of weeks for them must have been like holding in a fart during a funeral. 
Just let the people have five fucking minutes to celebrate before you sap the life out of the room. They’re always those kind of cunts from work who butt into a conversation they’re not part of with a “actually, I think you’ll find...”

5 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

It seems like the “JoE bIdEn AiNt No SaInT eItHeR!!” brigade seem to be out in full force on Twitter this evening. The past couple of weeks for them must have been like holding in a fart during a funeral. 
Just let the people have five fucking minutes to celebrate before you sap the life out of the room. They’re always those kind of cunts from work who butt into a conversation they’re not part of with a “actually, I think you’ll find...”

Just because he isn’t Trump doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be held to account for his actions. The guy is slime and just because he beat a bigger, smellier pool of slime, it doesn’t change that he is slime. 
That’s what I meant about drawing the line earlier. If you’re all for the views of Bernie and AOC, Biden isn’t your boy. 

I have honestly never seen anything quite like the response and sore looser comments like trump has been putting out since it came out he has lost. 

it also seems he didn't just loose in the end by a little bit he got absolutely battered with joe being at 279 to Trump being at 214.
Lastly it must REALLY REALLY hurt him and sting to go into his presidency demanding to see Obama's birth certificate and trying to call in question his legitimacy as a citizen ext. Only to last 1 term.....4 YEARS out of 8. When Obama went for 2 full terms.....EVEN George bush lasted 2 full terms. Jesus christ i wouldn't leave Bush in charge of my goldfish let alone one of the strongest countries out there but even he lasted 8 years. 

WOW Trump must be another level butt hurt and his ego must be the size of a pea

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I have honestly never seen anything quite like the response and sore looser comments like trump has been putting out since it came out he has lost. 

*Stares in EU referendum*
Thats what populists do. They never lose, they have things stolen. Had Biden won massively, it’s proof he rigged it and stole the election. Because it’s a narrow victory, it’s proof he rigged it and stole the election. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Only to last 1 term.....4 YEARS out of 8. When Obama went for 2 full terms.....EVEN George bush lasted 2 full terms. Jesus christ i wouldn't leave Bush in charge of my goldfish let alone one of the strongest countries out there but even he lasted 8 years. 

Who was the last incumbent to run and loose? Bush snr against Clinton, or did Bush not run? 

It's interesting as you mention Bush the last two republican presidents were generally promoted as total morons over here, and in European media in general. What was the feeling to bush snr and Reagan in British media?