Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I preferred my life when I didn't suffer from hayfever. Last few years it has fucked me up big time. I got some tablets which will occasionally help if I remember to take the bloody things but if I don't I'll be a sneezy snotty mess for the entire day. So fucking annoying.

  • Paid Members
Posted
38 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It's the pollen for me. Hayfever is bad this year. Not that I'd admit to wanting to enjoy some warmth/sunshine in this thread, but even if I did, I can't, because 5 minutes outside and I'm a snuffling red-eyed wreck for the rest of the day.

Same here, my hayfever was pretty manageable for the last few years - stuffy nose and some sneezing and that was about it - but this year has been unbearable, my eyes are burning, nose is constantly running, and I feel like my head's in a vice. The worst it's been in a long time, and no amount of tablets and nasal spray seems to be helping.

As for the heat, that can fuck off and all. I was on a bus to the O2 the other day that was genuinely one of the least pleasant experiences of my life. And then on Saturday I have to go to a wedding, which means wearing a suit in 32+ degrees, including for at least half an hour on the Tube. I'm dreading it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Hayfever is vicious this year. As a family we switched to Benadryl's acrivastine and it's a lifesaver. It's worth rotating through the few major chems to see which one works best for you.

Posted

My hay-fever is also savage this year, couple that with this heat and working in construction and you've got a recipe for my anger levels shooting through the roof:D 

I also love it everytime a digger or the forky comes past and kicks up a massive plume of dust that just makes everything better 

Posted
On 6/19/2025 at 8:38 PM, Tamura said:

For some reason my second floor flat is always 20ºC+ except during winter, and the thermometer is currently at 30ºC despite the temperature outside apparently being 23ºC. If I pop home during a break from work during the night-shift it's like walking into a sauna. I swear the woman downstairs must have a cannabis farm on the go...

British homes are built to be endothermic so they keep the heat in. The majority don't use materials which are endothermic and can also release heat. You will see the temperature drop, but it will take a day or two for your home to drop to that level. As it releases the heat through the bricks.

Posted

I bloody love this weather, been a bit close today but other than that it’s a delight to get some decent sun. Hayfever can do one though, I feel for anyone who suffers with it. 

Posted
On 6/21/2025 at 7:20 PM, Rossman said:

British homes are built to be endothermic so they keep the heat in. The majority don't use materials which are endothermic and can also release heat. You will see the temperature drop, but it will take a day or two for your home to drop to that level. As it releases the heat through the bricks.

I'm not so sure about that, at least not in regards to where I live. It's a stone built building that's 100-120 years old according to the letting agent, and it was never designed as a home but converted from retail storage space about four years ago. I moved in during February two years ago, even then the removal men were saying how hot it was inside.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted
28 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is just ridiculous. 

I say we nuke the sun.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdgY_9APMV1orj4ZjntPq

Posted

I think the sun is trying to nuke us.

Yesterday was hardwork. My autistic 4 year old refuses to wear shorts or a t-shirt and to sleep in anything other than long sleeves and a sleeping bag (we've managed to get him to wear shorts in the sleeping bag) and yesterday my husband decided to get my son's favourite t-shirt out to try and coax him in to wearing it. Majorly backfired and he ended up wearing the t-shirt and a long sleeve top underneath. On the hottest day of the year. We had the fan on and all the windows open on his bedroom last night but it was still 30 degrees in there. I went to check on him before I went to bed and his bed was wet with sweat. I spent all night half awake because I was so worried about him overheating. He survived and was a happy little bunny this morning and has gone off to nursery dressed fully head to toe (socks on under his sandals).

It is cooler here today and we actually have a breeze thank God. All the windows in the house are open.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was tempted to cancel my AL just so I could enjoy 12 hours of the freezing cold air con at work. I fucking hate this heat so much. My medication makes things even worse as I feel hotter.

It’s our cats I feel sorry for. They are miserable and don’t know what to do with themselves. I’d take their suffering if I could.

  • Members
Posted
1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said:

It’s our cats I feel sorry for.

My one hasn't drunk any water all day so I'll be honest earlier I dunked her face in the water bowl so at least some of it will be on her and be drunk. Call RSPCA if you have to.

She probably thinks I'm waterboarding her.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...