Members SuperBacon Posted July 2, 2025 Members Posted July 2, 2025 Just had 10 minutes here, so went out for a fag but its like tropical rain! That's even worse! Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2025 Got rain here. Not heavy, and it's intermittent, but the temperature has dropped, though it's still a bit muggy. Quote
deathrey Posted July 2, 2025 Posted July 2, 2025 It's beautiful in Bromsgrove today. Sun is shinning but it's a lovely 21 degrees, the wind is blowing a nice cold breeze and there is some intermittent cloud cover, I can go outside and the SPF is actually effective. I could do all summer like this but no hotter Quote
lars85 Posted July 2, 2025 Posted July 2, 2025 17 degrees with a slight breeze and drizzle. That's more like it! I might actually get a decent nights sleep tonight. Quote
King Coconut Posted July 2, 2025 Posted July 2, 2025 I believe you need ushering off to the other weather thread then. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted August 4, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted August 4, 2025 (edited) Winter bloody storms. In August! Absolute arses. Edited August 4, 2025 by HarmonicGenerator Unique weather event. BAH Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted August 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 4, 2025 Absolutely pissing it down here. Need to load up the car because we're going camping tomorrow. This does not bode well. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2025 The joys of living in Highland Scotland…our power went off yesterday at midday thanks to Storm Floris, we’re now being told they don’t expect it to be fixed until late Thursday! I don’t have a phone signal in my house without internet, so that’s a bit shit, and I’ve had to throw out the contents of my fridge. I’m holding out hope that the freezer might survive, but that might be in need of a clear out too… Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 8 Members Posted February 8 I feel like it's rained here in South Hampshire for 400 years in a row. It is currently, like every day this year, absolutely shitting it down. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted February 8 Paid Members Posted February 8 39 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I feel like it's rained here in South Hampshire for 400 years in a row. It is currently, like every day this year, absolutely shitting it down. 45 minute walk to work every morning and my shoes have progressively got holes in them this week. Ruined 4 pairs of socks in 3 days from this rain. Going fully bankrupt on cotton here. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 8 Members Posted February 8 7 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said: 45 minute walk to work every morning and my shoes have progressively got holes in them this week. Ruined 4 pairs of socks in 3 days from this rain. Going fully bankrupt on cotton here. Last week there was some pretty severe flooding in some areas around here. One petrol station that I regularly use absolutely submerged to waist height, mental. It's a real issue when 90% of the roads are shitty muddy untreated country lanes. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted February 8 Paid Members Posted February 8 19 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Last week there was some pretty severe flooding in some areas around here. One petrol station that I regularly use absolutely submerged to waist height, mental. It's a real issue when 90% of the roads are shitty muddy untreated country lanes. That last paragraph is Hereford in a nutshell. There's villages here that have been severely flooded at least once a month since November its shocking. It's causing absolute havoc to schools and farming too. Its even relegating the football club. Through some issues after a floodlight installation over the summer we've had issues with drainage on the pitch. We've had 8 postponed games (the chairman claims only 3 due to the pitch/weather) but we've 23 league games to play in 11 weeks, second from bottom and a forecast of another 2 weeks of non stop rain. We may end up having to play in Worcester or elsewhere just to finish the season. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 8 Paid Members Posted February 8 It has been bad here in the semi-rural part of Lincolnshire that I live in but there has been an unexpected development. NPower are currently digging some exploratory trenches for a battery energy storage system that they want to build not far from where I live. The planning is still not confirmed and I'm sure the pictures that the locals have been taking of them having to bring in a specialist recovery truck to get the digger that was stuck in the mud out will not help. The planning application clearly states that there are no issues with water on the land, but this will definitely suggest otherwise. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 16 Paid Members Posted February 16 The local forecast says its going to be dry tomorrow then rain every day from Wednesday until the 1st March at least. Sick of it. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted February 16 Paid Members Posted February 16 Normally I’d agree with you but Saturday was the first day of 2026 with sunshine forecast all day long. Before Saturday Kitchen had even started I had a list of gardening jobs that my wife had obviously been working on all week, and how could I say no on Valentines Day of all days. Trimming hedges, cutting back trees, pulling weeds etc, I know how to treat a lady on the most romantic day of the year I was at it all day and my arms were completely knackered when I’d finished (hello out of context thread). To make this post more UKFF - I could barely muster the strength to wipe my own arse. After a shower and just as I sat down to watch some more stupid sports at the Winter Olympics my better half walks in with a big grin on her face. “The big shoe cabinet from Dunelm has just arrived, you can put that together tomorrow”. So that took me all afternoon yesterday. So to summarise, I quite fancy a bit of rain now to give me another few weeks off from the garden (assuming no more big boxes from Dunelm turn up) Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.