Paid Members Gus Mears Posted January 5, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 5, 2024 And it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. God, this is shit. January in all its bleakness. All the nearby rivers are fucked, people will be kayaking through the market square by Saturday. I think I've got Covid and I'm being bullied by the cat who wants to play when I can hardly bare moving. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted July 9, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted July 9, 2024 This weather is making me want to die. It'll be autumn again before we know it. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2024 It's fucking me off as well - got my gig at Finsbury Park Festival this evening. We got rained out at last year's festival too. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 31, 2024 Members Posted July 31, 2024 I've been out and about for work the last days and have absolutely melted. If I haven't lost weight this week I'll be massively pissed off. If it does thunder and rain later I genuinely am going out in the garden like this: Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 31, 2024 How about this humidity? Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 31, 2024 1 hour ago, FLips said: How about this humidity? Hot and sticky, like my balls. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 2, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted August 2, 2024 Bought an aircon unit last year. Still feeling smug about it. My balls feel great. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2024 55 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: Bought an aircon unit last year. Still feeling smug about it. My balls feel great. Which one did you get? I’ve been looking this morning and could do with some pointers! Had the fan on all yesterday and it was just blowing hot air back at me. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 3, 2024 There's a couple of options. You can get a unit that sits in the house and chills the air it can draw on from its surroundings. Often they have a pipe that runs to the outside. This pipe allows the unit to draw in fresh air. Which it will cool before expelling the cold air. Easiest and simplest option as it doesn't require any building work. They are noisy and will take up space in whatever room it is placed. Usually comprises of a bulky free standing unit that plugs into a wall socket. The more you spend the quieter it will be. The other option is a mini split unit. These are mounted on the internal side of an external wall. Usually above head height. The internally mounted unit is a sleek aesthetically pleasing horizontal fan. It requires an externally mounted A/C unit to do the hard work. The external A/C unit will be plumbed into the internal mini split. It takes the hot air from outside, chills it, then pushes it towards the internally mounted fan. Which then pushes the cold air out into the room. They are very effective and the fancier models can also be used to provide heat. Can be initially expensive, given the installation costs. A committed DIY enthusiast could fit one. Generally, they are installed by professionals. The wife bought a Cooler unit a couple of years ago. It supposedly works by blowing air over cold water/ice. It's shit. Noisy and doesn't make much difference to the temperature. It's just a fancy fan. Avoid. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted August 3, 2024 Moderators Posted August 3, 2024 6 hours ago, BigJag said: Often they have a pipe that runs to the outside. This pipe allows the unit to draw in fresh air. The pipe blows out hot air. It wouldn't be very efficient to cool air from outside rather than the air that's already in the room would it? And also there would be nowhere for the heat to go if it worked the way you've described. You can't just make energy disappear, it's one of the most basic principles of physics! Quote
deathrey Posted August 4, 2024 Posted August 4, 2024 On 8/2/2024 at 9:39 AM, FLips said: Which one did you get? I’ve been looking this morning and could do with some pointers! Had the fan on all yesterday and it was just blowing hot air back at me. We bought the ZANUSSI ZPAC11001 Air Conditioner in 2022 when we had that 40 odd degree summer. I was heavily pregnant and struggling so much, it was a life saver. Whilst it is a bit big, in the winter we are able to store it in one of our wardrobes and in the summer it comes back out again. It was expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2024 I've got one of those neck fan/air scarf things from Temu that does the job. I got a cooling mat for Sapphire, but she didn't really use it. I think if I hadn't lost the weight I have on this injection trial I'd be having an even worse time of it. I'm built for colder weather. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 (edited) Fucking hailing down here in This London for the past twenty minutes. Longest and heaviest I've ever seen it hail. Stones are bigger than usual too. It's never hailed long enough to settle like snow, so once it's stopped, gonna go out and see what it's like to walk in it. EDIT: Pretty much as expected. Like walking on small gravel. Still, at least that quiet little FOMO voice is silenced for a bit. Edited March 13, 2025 by Carbomb Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 3 hours ago, Carbomb said: Fucking hailing down here in This London for the past twenty minutes. Longest and heaviest I've ever seen it hail. Stones are bigger than usual too. It's never hailed long enough to settle like snow, so once it's stopped, gonna go out and see what it's like to walk in it. EDIT: Pretty much as expected. Like walking on small gravel. Still, at least that quiet little FOMO voice is silenced for a bit. I got caught by that shower around 1.30pm and it was bitter to walk through. So cold for March! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.