Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

Posted

We've been allowed to work from home both yesterday and today so I'm on day two of camera off, voice only teams calls as I'm working shirtless with a cloth that's been in the freezer for an hour draped over my shoulders. We've also got a few of those misting bottles for plants and they work wonders if you give your legs and body a bit of a spray and then stand infront of a fan.

Our youngest's school let the kids stay off if they wanted to and I've opted to keep my eldest son off because he suffers badly with migraines and nosebleeds when he gets too hot. The downside is them being in the house has not only raised the ambient temperature, it's also crippling my internet speeds.

Posted

I met Charlie Lawson once in 2020, just before COVID hit, as he was having a birthday party in the hotel I was staying at in Belfast, where he lives, and it rarely tops out past 25.

Just about seeing this patch out but the neighbourhood reggae and barbeque smoke blowing in through the opened windows and doors has been a pain I could live without. I get it lads, you're chilled out entertainers.

Posted
49 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Good to see GB News are interviewing weather experts about the heatwave

It’s only balancing out the wokism from this so called “Expert”

2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Edit: some tosspot has the theme song from How I met your mother as their ring tone and it keeps going off ?

There is a little known piece of legislation that says if someone has that as a ringtone and temperatures reach over 35, it’s legally permissible to beat them to death with a prosthetic limb. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

"it's perfectly manageable weather, so it is" wow, was hebthe best available with the resources they had at the time or what? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s only balancing out the wokism from this so called “Expert”

Would help if I linked the fucking thing, wouldn’t it. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

There is a little known piece of legislation that says if someone has that as a ringtone and temperatures reach over 35, it’s legally permissible to beat them to death with a prosthetic limb. 

I am gradually approaching the point where I might amputate my own arm just to be able to do this.

Posted
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s only balancing out the wokism from this so called “Expert”

Considering the "experts" we see firing out opinions left, right & centre these days he's not that bad a source.

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Would help if I linked the fucking thing, wouldn’t it. 

 

Sorry, I agree with Chest that we shouldn't give these pricks oxygen but is that Beverley Turner!!!????

I take back all my teenage wanks over her now.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry, I agree with Chest that we shouldn't give these pricks oxygen but is that Beverley Turner!!!????

I take back all my teenage wanks over her now.

Yeah she’s one of their wanchors

Posted (edited)

It's nuts isn't it. I live not far from a large country park, Lickey Hills and that set on fire yesterday evening. Fire engines were there again this morning, apparently they have lost 5 hectares to fire so far. The weather apps keep saying rain but it hasnt materialised yet.

Edited by deathrey
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

Lickey Hills and that set on fire yesterday 

I await the local dogging community holding a 10 horn honk in memorial. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...