Jump to content

All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread (hot weather is class)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Tell me this, Oscar fucking Wilde. Would you feel any differently if it were labrador puppies and a ventilation pump? 

Great example of a false equivalence here. Get to fuck.

  • Paid Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Tell me this, Oscar fucking Wilde. Would you feel any differently if it were labrador puppies and a ventilation pump? 

No. Because it was a situation they were put in, not caused and they thought they were doing the right things. It was an accident you absolute cretin.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Great example of a false equivalence here. Get to fuck.

The phenomenon of people thinking "can't be that hard" and jumping in over their heads with pets, then learning the valuable lessons by killing them isn't new, or restricted to koi. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

The phenomenon of people thinking "can't be that hard" and jumping in over their heads with pets, then learning the valuable lessons by killing them isn't new, or restricted to koi. 

Right, but that's not what you've said. You leapt in head first with the massive guilt trip when the poster is clearly distressed as it is, and the poster has clearly stated that they're new to it, despite it being a malfunction due to abnormally hot weather.

You didn't post "Ah that's horrible,  I hope you've learnt your lesson, it's hard to keep koi during the summer, here's some pointers...". Instead you went full-on scorched Earth riot act, and then you dashed in some Avatar-style Hollywood bullshit by comparing the fish to the most adorable puppies on Earth.

You weren't posting to help. You were posting to be a cunt.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

No. Because it was a situation they were put in, not caused and they thought they were doing the right things. It was an accident you absolute cretin.

Nobody comes into possession of a large pond full of koi accidentally. It is a conscious decision to take over responsibility. A person who has spent years building up to it also develops the knowledge needed to spot such issues before they become a problem. 

I've said everything I've said out of a deep passion for animals and don't much like your tones, you pricks. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Nobody comes into possession of a large pond full of koi accidentally. It is a conscious decision to take over responsibility. A person who has spent years building up to it also develops the knowledge needed to spot such issues before they become a problem. 

I've said everything I've said out of a deep passion for animals and don't much like your tones, you pricks. 

Apologies I didn’t realise you were vegan

Posted

For the record, I don't think keeping fish is easy, I've had tropical fish before so I know there is a lot of work involved. As you are probably aware @King Coconutfish are very sensitive and moving them can cause them a lot of distress and often results in them dying. The previous owner of our house who has kept Koi for 30 years asked us to keep them for this reason and said he would support us looking after them every step of the way, which he has been doing and up until this point, things had been going very well.

It's not my job to convince you of anything, but what happened was a tragic accident. Had the pump cut out in the day, we could have done something but it went overnight and by the time we woke up at 7am, the damage was done.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Apologies I didn’t realise you were vegan

Now you do. His chicken sanctuary is a thing of beauty. 

  • 7 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I vaguely remember, deep in the distant past, what it was like to have consecutive days where it wasn't clouting it down and blowing a gale.

Edited by Gus Mears
  • Paid Members
Posted
On 4/14/2023 at 7:16 AM, Gus Mears said:

I vaguely remember, deep in the distant past, what it was like to have consecutive days where it wasn't clouting it down and blowing a gale.

It's the bits in between where its lovely and bright that trick you too. 

As my nan would say "it doesn't know if it's fucking or fighting". 

  • 6 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Storm Ciaran means all the schools are closed today in Hampshire.

I'm about 20 minutes inland so not too bad so far, but has been raining nonstop since Tuesday afternoon. Winds of 50mph later though, and the channel islands have recorded 100mph already. 

I'm nearly out of loo roll which is annoying. Not sure I fancy popping out in this.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm about another ten miles inland of you, Bacon and it is indeed shit.

A car drove into my house a few weeks back and there's a 5 foot hole patched up with plywood which is useless in these conditions. Shit blowing about the hallway last night like we're doing a tribute to the Enfield  Poltergeist films.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...