Members SuperBacon Posted June 19, 2025 Members Posted June 19, 2025 Enjoying this sunshine bullshit are you? Lizards. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 They’ll write songs and tell tales about how sweaty my bollocks were today. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 Hating it. Luckily I’m going on a cruise on Saturday and the first two stops are the Shetlands and Alesund where it’s going to be cold, windy and rainy and I can’t fucking wait. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 (edited) I'm quite enjoying it because I'm up north. We are getting 3 days or so of it peaking at around 28 then back down to normal of 18-19 next week. I fully admit I doubt I would feel the same if I was down south. Edited June 19, 2025 by Cousin Jim Bob Super Stuart Ripley Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 19, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 Loving it. And I'm in central London and all. Bought an air con unit last year and knowing I can come back to a nice chilled house makes all the difference. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 19, 2025 Members Posted June 19, 2025 Just now, Gus Mears said: Loving it. And I'm in central London and all. Bought an air con unit last year and knowing I can come back to a nice chilled house makes all the difference. Off you pop then. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 38 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said: I'm quite enjoying it because I'm up north. We are getting 3 days or so of it peaking at around 28 then back down to normal of 18-19 next week. I fully admit I doubt I would feel the same if I was down south. How North? Im in Yorkshire and its expected to be 32 on Saturday. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 I’m up North too and the weather is disgraceful. We’re digging the aircon unit out tonight but it’s noisy and we need to stick a big tube out the window, it’s almost not even worth the hassle. Quote
Tamura Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 For some reason my second floor flat is always 20ºC+ except during winter, and the thermometer is currently at 30ºC despite the temperature outside apparently being 23ºC. If I pop home during a break from work during the night-shift it's like walking into a sauna. I swear the woman downstairs must have a cannabis farm on the go... Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 52 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: How North? Im in Yorkshire and its expected to be 32 on Saturday. Lytham St Annes. I guess in parts of the NW coast we are getting this heatwave about as mild as you can get. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: Hating it. Luckily I’m going on a cruise on Saturday and the first two stops are the Shetlands and Alesund where it’s going to be cold, windy and rainy and I can’t fucking wait. I am so jealous Quote
Bruce85 Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 4 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Enjoying this sunshine bullshit are you? Lizards. I’ve somehow managed to catch a cold in this weather. Got a temperature, sore throat, coughing and sneezing non-stop. This is not the weather for that nonsense. I’m currently eating my 8th ice pole of the day. Do you all call them ice poles? Or ice pops? Quote
deathrey Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 Ice pops This weather can fuck off. Who enjoys this hot, sweaty nightmare? Stuck inside due to my UV allergy (SPF only works for 15-20 minutes, we took the kids to the Zoo on Sunday so till trying to recover from that exposure) I hate it. We do have an air con unit but as @FLipssaid, it's a pain in the arse to set up and we've lost all the window seal stuff as the old one fell down last year and my husband bought a new one from Argos and doesn't know where he's put it. Mr Deathrey has invited his friends who are visiting from America over to stay on Monday night. I'll be fucking delightful company, dying in the corner from heat exhaustion. It is due to rain here on Sunday night, I really hope it pisses it down and cools down to understand 20 degrees - and I can safely go outside again. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 20, 2025 Members Posted June 20, 2025 9 hours ago, deathrey said: Mr Deathrey has invited his friends who are visiting from America over to stay on Monday night. I say the first sign of whinging about air con, you boot them out. Got to set boundaries early with this lot Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted June 20, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted June 20, 2025 It's the pollen for me. Hayfever is bad this year. Not that I'd admit to wanting to enjoy some warmth/sunshine in this thread, but even if I did, I can't, because 5 minutes outside and I'm a snuffling red-eyed wreck for the rest of the day. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.