Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 22 Paid Members Posted July 22 Got a shock at the weekend though - was at a festival in Surrey, and the temperature dropped down to something like four degrees. Actual steam breath weather. Have caught a cold - a fucking cold, in late July. Quote
deathrey Posted July 22 Posted July 22 Where was that?! It's been shorts weather for over a month here Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 22 Paid Members Posted July 22 49 minutes ago, deathrey said: Where was that?! It's been shorts weather for over a month here Not far from Box Hill, near Dorking. Only lasted the night, but it was bloody freezing. I hadn't packed anything warm and someone had to lend me a jacket. Quote
deathrey Posted July 23 Posted July 23 (edited) I think diazepam can cause issues with heat regulation too so you're likely suffering a bit more than the rest of us @Ralphy but agreed, my lawn is crispy and brown in a way I've never seen it. Most of the plants in the garden are worse for wear and the algae in the pond is growing faster than we can remove it. I'm heading to Yorkshire next week for a couple of weeks. I've been checking the weather at my mum and dad's and pleased to see it's predicted to be between 20 - 24 whilst we are there. It's still high 20s here at home. Edited July 24 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted July 24 Paid Members Posted July 24 The whole autism hyper sensativity to heat thing is kicking my arse, but I'm enjoying the summer more than I usually do. Finding the right levels of shade, only going out at certain times of the day and accepting my flat is 4x hotter than it should be when on fire I still am finding a little more happiness in the sunshine than usual. Quote
Rossman Posted July 26 Posted July 26 Supposed to have rain today. The first of the month. Nope, just random gusts of wind blowing everything around the garden. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted July 26 Paid Members Posted July 26 47 minutes ago, Rossman said: Supposed to have rain today. The first of the month. Nope, just random gusts of wind blowing everything around the garden. We had torrential rain this morning for about 2 and a half minutes. I've never seen it hit so hard, only to disappear in moments. Quote
deathrey Posted August 13 Posted August 13 I was pleasantly surprised with how well I've coped today (I've spent many hours in a swimming pool with my son) but all around us is literally on fire. The three towns that border us are all reporting raging fires and it's terrifying. Stourbridge, which is very close, have been evacuating people from their homes to the local Town Hall. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 13 Posted August 13 We're getting fires around where I live (South Staffs). Trouble is that kids aged between eleven and thirteen are setting them over the nearby hills. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted August 13 Posted August 13 I've got to go to a wedding in a marquee tomorrow. Luckily it's not going to be as hot as today, but still... Quote
Mr_Danger Posted August 13 Posted August 13 6 minutes ago, gmoney said: How do you know their ages? You’d be surprised what you can learn with a simple a/s/l? In AOL chat rooms. Quote
deathrey Posted August 13 Posted August 13 My husband's bestfriend and my husband's brother and his family live in the area that's on fire. Both have bags packed waiting to hear from the police if they need to evacuate. Both of them said that their kids school friends have lost their houses. They said that the hot ash falling is really scary and they are just sat in their houses watching it unfold and unsure what to do for the best. Emergency services have said to stay put for the time being as the wind looks to be pushing the fire in the other direction. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 13 Posted August 13 28 minutes ago, gmoney said: How do you know their ages? It's been reported in the local police Facebook posts: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1357229359926856&set=a.492595596390241 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.