Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 9 Moderators Posted July 9 Yeah my daughter to a cardigan to school. Mental. Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted July 9 Posted July 9 Sat roasting in staff training all day today in a room with no aircon, and one woman decided she was so cold that she wrapped a massive black fleece shawl around her as if she was a mourning Victorian orphan at Christmas. Mental. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 9 Paid Members Posted July 9 We’ve got lovely air con in the control room. My colleague had put on a jumper and jacket because she’s too cold. While also putting a desk fan right in front of her face. And complaining about the heat outside. My wife made a bed on the floor in the living room the other night because it was too unbearable upstairs and I had the coach. Don’t think we’ve slept in the same bed together for about two weeks now. Upstairs is basically out of bounds except to use the bathroom and get clothes. The cat is laying on the bed, the carpet, mext to the immersion cupboard. She doesn’t seem to care. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 10 Posted July 10 I'm putting on a gig in a building that's like 75% glass tomorrow... Fuck this. Luckily there's a huge garden with shade we can escape to but it's going to be hell. Quote
Briefcase Posted July 10 Posted July 10 15 hours ago, Joe Blog said: My new classroom has air con. Kids complained today that the room was too cold. No pleasing some people There is always one (or a few). When I used to work at a place with Air Con my location was often used in the summer for meetings (probably because we had Air Con) and you would still have that person or 2 moaning it's too cold and asking me to turn the AC down. Unbelievable. On a related note there is nothing worse than going on a work course or training or work conference when there is no Air Con, I can struggle to keep focused at the best of times, but with no AC in the summer I am not going to learn or take a single thing in. Thankfully that's in the past now. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 10 Posted July 10 16 hours ago, Joe Blog said: My new classroom has air con. Kids complained today that the room was too cold. No pleasing some people Whichever one of my kids is sat by the window in the car one will be too hot and one will be too cold and I’ll have one window down and one window up. Never the same kid either, their body thermostats are set to spite. Then you’ve got the Mrs who is constantly car sick so will have her window open but with heaters on in winter. Utter bliss when it’s just me on my own with a podcast on and four windows down. Quote
deathrey Posted July 10 Posted July 10 We are hoping to do a long planned extension on our house in the next two years. I've been talking to my husband about getting fully fitted air conditioning for the new/extended rooms. I know it'll be an added cost but given how frequent these heat waves are becoming it seems like it's a sensible/future period option and cheaper running costs than a portable air con unit. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 10 Moderators Posted July 10 Yeah I think that's the right call. We got it conservatory redone a couple years ago and although the new one is much cooler than the old one we are a bit gutted we didn't get Aircon put in at the time it was being built now. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 10 Paid Members Posted July 10 Don't let the cool kids in the weather praising thread know about me coming in here akin to Lex Luger strolling out on Nitro, but - whisper it- it's getting too much for me now. Don't get me wrong, I love it outdoors and I'm absolutely fine on public transport, in the shade etc. But we moved house two years back and our new bedroom is just ridiculous. Walking into the room at night is like walking into a furnace, the heat just blasts you in the face and is completely suffocating. I woke up at 4am last night and my bed was absolutely drenched (in sweat - steady). I think I'm going to have to invest in an air-con for that room as I've not slept properly in a week. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 22 Moderators Posted July 22 You what? It's cold now. You can't blame your diseased crops on 24 degree weather. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 22 Posted July 22 I'm on Ralphy's side. It was 27 degrees again today in Kew. Absolute disgrace. We've started to normalise it because its not 35 degrees, but it's still absolutely filthy weather. Horrible. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 22 Members Posted July 22 50 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: It's cold now You cannot describe the current weather as cold. Come on now. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 22 Posted July 22 I’ve just assembled a trampoline bare chested in my back garden and my nipples are positively flaccid. It’s warm. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 22 Members Posted July 22 5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: I’ve just assembled a trampoline bare chested in my back garden and my nipples are positively flaccid. It’s warm. Stop it, my willy can only get so hard mate. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.