Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 (edited) Last night was hell. I’d already been surviving on 2-3 hours sleep a night max this week because of the heat and mugginess. That was already catching up with me by yesterday and then last night just took the absolute piss. Barely an hour passed yesterday afternoon/evening without one of us occupying the shower. I must’ve had four myself. Windows wide open with not a bit of breeze coming in. Fans on all round the clock but only pushing what feels like dragon’s breath around the house. Rotating bottles of ice water out of the freezer and them becoming not just completely melted but warm in no time. Pillow drenched in sweat. Can’t be arsed to eat. Fucking shit this. I just wanna sleep. Nobody really likes this surely. Even if you somehow do like the blazing heat in the daytime, I refuse to believe anyone enjoys the sweaty, sticky, impossible to get comfortable hell of nighttimes we’ve endured this week. The weather app on my phone better be right because it’s looking much better from about Sunday. Edited June 26 by wandshogun09 Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 26 Posted June 26 Just now, wandshogun09 said: Nobody really likes this surely. Some annoying person popped up on my socials saying "oh why's everyone moaning? You moan when it's hot. You moan when it's wet. You're all so ungrateful!" Don't think I've ever been so close to throwing my phone. Quote
deathrey Posted June 26 Posted June 26 My son's school closed at 12 today because the heat in school exceeded what was acceptable on the risk assessment. We've taken the boys to a local garden centre which has ait conditioned softball. The boys are loving it and for once so am I, it's lovely and cool in here, got some cake and a nice cold drink. Shame we can't stay all evening. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 My wife’s school refused to shut or let them go early. Still wanted staff to be covered up as much as possible. Wednesday had a 50% attendance and other schools shut in the area but she wouldn’t do it. Air con is only in 3 rooms. Today’s an inset day and during the staff meeting, she told everyone they don’t know how good they have it. My wife said everyone was completely baffled. I’m going to Oxford for a wedding. Going up on the train tonight which I’m dreading as I’m worrying about a lack of air con. And I know the hotel will have the shittest air con going. Then tomorrow I have to wear a suit. I get hot legs as it is. First time I wish I was at work. If anything it’s been too cold in the control room. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 We closed on Thursday after poor attendance on Wednesday, and then closed today. I can't say it's been that much easier at home, but I have been able to walk around with my shirt off, which would definitely get me fired if I'd done it at work. A letter was also sent about a new "summer uniform" for the kids, including tailored shorts. We had prom last night in a beautiful air conditioned room, and when I inquired as to if it would be extended to staff, I was told no. Love it. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 26 Posted June 26 We had the portable air con unit on for the the whole of last night. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep through the noise of it, but I was so knackered from the heat I was out for the count. I know they're expensive but I'd recommend them to everyone - save up for it, they're worth every penny. I'm not sure how I would have managed to get through this week without it. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 It's north of 35 degrees here and we have taken all the measures that we can to get it cooler in the house. I was just taking a shower and even on the coldest setting the water still felt warm. This lead me to examine the shower and I found a switch on the side that I did not know about. It was on the top setting setting so I moved it to the bottom setting. The water immediately went so cold that my bollocks retracted inside my body and I genuinely gasped for breath at the icy shock. Delightful. I had about 8 minutes at a tolerable temperature before returning to feeling uncomfortable. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 My accomodation has no chill and I've somehow become the only room in the house to get an ant infestation (room right by the back door that's been open but no food inside) so I'm excited to go home in a bit and see what damage I'm now dealing with. Sure there must be a hole in the wall they're all getting though. About ready for the aooloclypse right now. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 I went to see Toy Story 5 and it was glorious and cold in there and then I stepped outside afterwards and I actually laughed, it was that much of a contrast. Nice breeze coming through the flat now though, at last. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted June 27 Paid Members Posted June 27 Absolutely done with Boomers and the "no one ever complained" in 1976 slander. Drop in, "but even with the long heatwave, overall 1976 is only the 6th hottest summer on record" and watch them explode. It cheered me up anyway. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 27 Posted June 27 14 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: I went to see Toy Story 5 and it was glorious and cold in there and then I stepped outside afterwards and I actually laughed, it was that much of a contrast. Nice breeze coming through the flat now though, at last. This is my morning plan and I'm so excited to get back to a normal temperature for a few hours. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 27 Members Posted June 27 3 hours ago, johnnyboy said: Absolutely done with Boomers and the "no one ever complained" in 1976 slander The irony is they're still fucking complaining! Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 27 Paid Members Posted June 27 Just seen the temps are being predicted at 28 degrees for 2000trees in 2 weeks. I'm not ready to be the Human Puddle. Quote
Moderators neil Posted June 29 Moderators Posted June 29 On 6/27/2026 at 6:19 AM, SuperBacon said: The irony is they're still fucking complaining! This is my mum in a nutshell. Complains about people complaining...while also being someone who complains non-stop. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 29 Paid Members Posted June 29 (edited) 1 hour ago, neil said: This is my mum in a nutshell. Complains about people complaining...while also being someone who complains non-stop. A woman I worked with in a supermarket complained for years about having to work in freezers, said she hated it it was making her ill. I saw her talking to someone in the break room, in tears, being consoled. "What's up with Pam?" I asked someone. "They've taken her off freezer duty". Edited June 29 by gmoney Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.