Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 24 Paid Members Posted June 24 19 minutes ago, deathrey said: That's reassuring to know. I think my son is similar. He feels hot when I touch him but on the whole he's not that bothered. I think is the first time he's felt it a little bit hence agreeing to wear a t-shirt. Thanks to your advice a couple of years ago, I don't push him beyond what he's comfortable with. I think they know their discomfort points, as incomprehensible as they are to us. Even yesterday I was holding a fan towards my daughter and she turned it off. In the winter she refused to wear a jacket when she went out. They probably do it on purpose to wind us up. Quote
deathrey Posted June 24 Posted June 24 15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: I think they know their discomfort points, as incomprehensible as they are to us. Even yesterday I was holding a fan towards my daughter and she turned it off. In the winter she refused to wear a jacket when she went out. They probably do it on purpose to wind us up. Oh we have that a lot too, refusing to wear coats and jackets in the middle of winter. They keep us on our toes. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 24 Members Posted June 24 10 at night, and only now do I feel a tiny bit comfortable. Fuck this. Cat is hating it. Quote
deathrey Posted June 24 Posted June 24 I had a cold shower at 9pm, that has helped me cool down considerably. I highly recommend it Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 24 Members Posted June 24 8 minutes ago, deathrey said: I had a cold shower at 9pm, that has helped me cool down considerably. I highly recommend it I absolutely hate them. The boiler where I live is fucking shit and it hasn't worked for the last two days (airlock and guy cant come until tomorrow) and I had to have a cold shower. I just can't do it, I genuinely hate it. I have quite bad skin and going a day without washing my face with soap and hot water is disastrous, and I don't feel clean after a cold shower so it really stresses me out. First world problems I know, but it really upsets me I'm afraid (yes I hate the way I am) Quote
deathrey Posted June 24 Posted June 24 That's fair enough, I can't stand them under any other circumstances. I do start with hot water to wash all my SPF off but once that's done, I switch it to cold. Hope you get the boiler sorted soon. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 25 Paid Members Posted June 25 The trick to a cold shower is to start it off warm then take it down rather than just jumping straight in. Quote
deathrey Posted June 25 Posted June 25 Went to the gym at 6am, stepped outside and thought 'its nice and cool outside'. It was 22 degrees. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 25 Posted June 25 (edited) 8 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I absolutely hate them. The boiler where I live is fucking shit and it hasn't worked for the last two days (airlock and guy cant come until tomorrow) and I had to have a cold shower. I just can't do it, I genuinely hate it. I have quite bad skin and going a day without washing my face with soap and hot water is disastrous, and I don't feel clean after a cold shower so it really stresses me out. First world problems I know, but it really upsets me I'm afraid (yes I hate the way I am) I know this is absolutely mad, but I found this quite moving 😅 I think it was the turn of phrase, because no one says this weather 'upsets' them... but that is exactly how I feel. It ruins everything. I'm routine driven to a fault, and really need to do the things I enjoy at the times I enjoy them to make a day feel bearable (again, like Bacon, I hate the way I am), and this weather throws everything out and I just feel completely unmoored. I like wearing jackets. I like walking a bit extra to the next train station to feel like i've done exercise. I like warm meals. I like hot showers. I like cups of tea throughout the day. I like playing the keyboard in my oven of a spare room, looking out into the afternoon. I like going to gigs and feeling dry. I like not having to take spare shirts to work. Awful weather. Genuinely ruins everything for me and I find myself wondering whether I should fall out with those mates who I assume are making a performance of how much they're enjoying it... because my brain cannot fathom anyone actually enjoying it. Edited June 25 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 25 Posted June 25 Just did the school run. Nice bit of shade next to the entrance and a breeze. Walk back in through the door and it feels like a fucking incinerator. This fan is just chucking hot air and me and it's fucking disgusting. I usually love working from home but I'd definitely go to the office today if it wasn't like 2 hours and the trains are probably dying anyway. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 25 Members Posted June 25 1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said: think it was the turn of phrase, because no one says this weather 'upsets' them... but that is exactly how I feel. It ruins everything. To be honest its more the cold shower and the fact I don't feel clean that upsets me, but yeah whack the sun into the mix as well. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 25 Posted June 25 Just walked to the car and back to get something out of the boot and I'm now sweating like a cunt. Third outfit change of the day it is then. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 25 Paid Members Posted June 25 Got an aircon unit set up in my spare room/office. I’ve got the PS1 CD Player on and it genuinely feels like a nice summer. Then I walk out of the room into the rest of my house and it’s like stepping into hell. Wish it was cold again. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 25 Paid Members Posted June 25 Our next day neighbours are two very strange and unfriendly people (could stick a load of stuff in the bad neighbours thread). One in particular is always sitting in the car. She’ll sleep in their during the day, sit in there for hours at night. It’s very weird. Anyway, she’s currently sitting in the car. Windows up. Wearing a woolly hat that she never takes off, jumper and trousers. No idea if the aircon is on, but it’s such an old car I doubt it has any. My mother in law is telling me to go speak to her because she’s worried she’ll die or get ill. I just shrugged. They’ve stolen from us before and caused loads of trouble, so not arsed. If her yappy dog was in there, I might go over. But madness to be dressed up like that and in a boiling hot car when I’m struggling just on my landing wearing only boxers. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 25 Members Posted June 25 I mean that isn't normal behaviour, perhaps there is something in finding out whether she's OK or something (I want to say the police as a welfare check but that doesn't sound quite right) Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.