Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 2 Moderators Posted June 2 It's shit. Fuck rain. Bring back the 30 degrees weather. I don't care how miserable it makes you lot. Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted June 2 Paid Members Posted June 2 Despite the forecast saying it's supposed to be raining all week with some thunder chucked in, it's lovely and sunny here in Nottingham. BBC is telling me it's currently 18 degrees which I'm more than happy with. I really struggle with heat and last week was a fucking killer with those few 30/31 degree days we had here. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 2 Author Paid Members Posted June 2 There has been hail everywhere and a tree blew over down the road. Yeah, cracking weather. Glad we got rid of that pesky sun. Quote
Joe Blog Posted June 2 Posted June 2 6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: It's shit. Fuck rain. Bring back the 30 degrees weather. I don't care how miserable it makes you lot. Post of the year Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 21 Members Posted June 21 Assume all the sun nonces on here are happy with this bullshit next week? Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 Considering I may be camping in a tent all week, I'd rather not sous vide myself but I'm glad others will enjoy it 😂 Quote
Chili Posted June 21 Posted June 21 Been warned not to go out tomorrow here in the area of France I'm in (Creuse) as it's going to be 37° most of the day. Quote
deathrey Posted June 21 Posted June 21 We've had warnings from my son's school about the weather. Uniform rules will be replaced for the week and parents have been reminded to send kids in with a water bottle and sunscreen. Got my lad to wear a t-shirt for the first time in 3 years today (autistic, hates bare limbs). My husband thinks we should attempt a t-shirt and shorts to school tomorrow but I think that's probably a step too far for him. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 absolutely unbearable. I'm genuinely worried for my guinea pigs at this point; I've ordered them a new cooling mat, as the current one is getting a bit threadbare, have a cooling fan circulating cold air around, and have the back door open for them in the morning and evening when it's not too warm, but it gets to a point that there's nothing more to be done. I feel for anyone with pets at the moment! I'm glad to hear that schools are relaxing uniform rules and things like that, though; I think sooner or later there's going to have be actual laws passed about the viability of working or doing anything in these kind of temperatures that the country's just not built for. I spent one summer working in a menswear shop when the temperature was in the low 30s, we had a glass ceiling and no air conditioning, and the only conceit management made for us to the hot weather was that we could undo our top buttons and loosen our ties. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 25 minutes ago, BomberPat said: absolutely unbearable. I'm genuinely worried for my guinea pigs at this point; I've ordered them a new cooling mat, as the current one is getting a bit threadbare, have a cooling fan circulating cold air around, and have the back door open for them in the morning and evening when it's not too warm, but it gets to a point that there's nothing more to be done. I feel for anyone with pets at the moment! I'm glad to hear that schools are relaxing uniform rules and things like that, though; I think sooner or later there's going to have be actual laws passed about the viability of working or doing anything in these kind of temperatures that the country's just not built for. I spent one summer working in a menswear shop when the temperature was in the low 30s, we had a glass ceiling and no air conditioning, and the only conceit management made for us to the hot weather was that we could undo our top buttons and loosen our ties. We've taken to putting ice cubes in our cat's water bowl, if that helps. Quote
deathrey Posted June 22 Posted June 22 @BomberPat there is some political debate around the subject at the moment. No idea if it'll come to anything https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm2p1j4y0kro Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 22 Members Posted June 22 1 minute ago, Carbomb said: We've taken to putting ice cubes in our cat's water bowl, if that helps. I've frozen a couple of her yoghurt tube things, which probably won't help, but makes me feel better. They absolutely reek though and as they're frozen I can't just put it down on a plate as she'll just roll it off, so I'm having to hold it and it's grim. She's OK, where I live is quite cool at the moment, and she lays on the laminate flooring which has stayed cool. She ventured out to the window sill earlier, which is her favourite place, and did an immediate u turn, as she decided "sod that" Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 Instead of the nice, cool floorboards, or the kitchen counter, our cat has decided she will relax on a blanket. Or the carpet on the landing. And at times last night, on top of me. My wife works at a school and they’ve relaxed the rules for the students, PE kits are allowed to be worn instead. But they haven’t for the teachers. Anyone with tattoos on their arms still have to wear long sleeves and trousers to cover any tattoos on their legs if they’re a female. Male teachers are still expected to wear trousers too regardless. To get around being unable to wear shorts, one of the teachers has ordered a kilt. As my wife has tattoos on her arms and legs (all non offensive obviously), and is going to suffer, I suggested “fainting” to prove a point and maybe get the rules changed. But it shouldn’t come to that. It’s a disgrace. I work in a control room at night. So the rules are relaxed a bit compared to days when directors could show up and you need to look more professional. And by relaxed, we can wear combats or jeans instead of trousers and trainers instead of shoes. I told the manager I’m wearing a t-shirt and shorts or I’m not coming in and we can have a discussion with my union representative and he quite easily relented then. So basically, fuck this weather. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 22 Members Posted June 22 8 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Male teachers are still expected to wear trousers too regardless. Male PE teachers wear shorts, what's the difference? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.