Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 25 Moderators Posted May 25 (edited) Going to a festival was tough going in this s great, but at home today? Loved it. I will stay that by saying we have Aircon in the bedroom so I think ability to deal with the heat in the day is greatly improved if you're getting decent sleep... Edited May 25 by Chest Rockwell Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 25 Posted May 25 Even hotter tomorrow and need to go to London for work and London heat is a whole different ballgame. Plus the inevitable signal failures and track issues as well as broken air con on the trains. Can't wait! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 25 Members Posted May 25 I live in a wood and corrugated iron converted hay barn, which I'll be honest hasn't been bad at all. Window open at night, curtain drawn in the day, all good. Not living far from the coast I think helps as well. The rest of the farm is unbearable though. The chickens and rabbits must be absolutely roasting (they're fine) Quote
NeverYield Posted May 26 Posted May 26 I've worked in London during a heatwave, laying bricks and the heat kicking up from the collection of buildings was unreal, absolutely frying. Didn't even bother today 🤣Not long come out the Gym though and it was dead in there, lovely and quiet. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 I enjoy crippling heat generally, but I'm simultaneously coming down with a brutal cold, so that has dampened my spirit somewhat. Early stages, but my throat's like it's been lined with broken glass. Fuck this country. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 (edited) I think it's unrelated to be honest. Edited May 26 by gmoney Quote
Mr_Danger Posted May 26 Posted May 26 Went swimming last week in the sea in Costa Adeje in Tenerife. Beach was closed the next day for the rest of the week due to dangerously high bacteria content on that particular beach. Had terrible shits for a week. Cleared up yesterday and went swimming in North Wales finest beach front of Prestatyn. I’m yet to shit myself or grow any of extra limbs. No amount of sea water salt will dry out these permanently moist balls though. Quote
Jolly LovesASando Posted May 26 Posted May 26 18 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Went swimming last week in the sea in Costa Adeje in Tenerife. Beach was closed the next day for the rest of the week due to dangerously high bacteria content on that particular beach. Had terrible shits for a week. Cleared up yesterday and went swimming in North Wales finest beach front of Prestatyn. I’m yet to shit myself or grow any of extra limbs. No amount of sea water salt will dry out these permanently moist balls though. Prestatyn beaches are the best. Quote
King Coconut Posted May 26 Posted May 26 It hit 33 degrees here today. I had to roll up my shorts to make them a bit shorter. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 Im on weight loss attempt number 644677, and my app told me today I had to do 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I think i lost a stone purely through sweat. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted May 27 Author Paid Members Posted May 27 On 5/25/2026 at 11:20 AM, Gus Mears said: Nothing beats emergency dental surgery on a gorgeous day like this. I'm in loads of pain and look like Jay Leno. Molar extractions are shite. Quote
deathrey Posted May 27 Posted May 27 I think your tolerance to heat builds up too, yesterday was ridiculous here. The heat that built up in the house was suffocating but 28 today feels bareable because it was so hot yesterday. I had my son's bedrooms windows wide open for most of the night last night and his room was still showing up as 33 degrees on the monitor. Due to the sensory issues with his autism, he insists on sleeping in full sleeve tops, in his sleeping bag and then with a duvet over the top. As soon as he fell asleep I went in and removed the duvet but couldn't do a thing about the long sleeves, I was up half the night checking on him as I was so worried he would overheat. The first thing he did this morning when he woke up was look at me and shout 'juice' in my face and then quickly downed a glass of water 😆 It already feels like his room will be cooler tonight but I think any drop from yesterdays temperature and he should be fine. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 28 Paid Members Posted May 28 Only in this stupid crap country can you have a big thunderstorm that actually makes temperatures hotter. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 2 Members Posted June 2 Properly shitting it down here and has been for 3 hours, it's relentless. Sounds incredible but I need to go to the shops. Quote
deathrey Posted June 2 Posted June 2 Same. It's wonderful. I'm sure I'll be complaining in two weeks time but I will always take this over 30 degrees temperatures Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.