Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Male PE teachers wear shorts, what's the difference? Seems if you teach maths, English etc you must wear trousers. I don’t get it either. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 Basic science reminder: once you hit 37, it starts becoming hotter outside your body than inside it, which means your internal thermostat goes haywire. As a result, you need to be drinking water *before* you start feeling thirsty. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 Yeah I work in a school and we are allowed to take our blazers off. That's it. But don't worry, we're adding two more drinking stations for the kids to access at break and lunch. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 9 minutes ago, Nexus said: Yeah I work in a school and we are allowed to take our blazers off. That's it. Yeah I forgot the teachers at hers are allowed to take their blazers off. It was just ties only to be removed but they kindly extended it to blazers. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 22 Members Posted June 22 My youngest is finishing school at 12.30 every day this week which is an improvement. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 22 Posted June 22 We bought a portable AC unit after the last heatwave and it's worth every penny. Especially when trying to get a 9 month old to sleep at night. Quote
The British Bushwacker Posted June 22 Posted June 22 A glorious thunderstorm in Oxford as we speak, very much welcomed! Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 3 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: Yeah I forgot the teachers at hers are allowed to take their blazers off. It was just ties only to be removed but they kindly extended it to blazers. Got an email this evening saying we can take our ties off. Absolute freedom. Quote
Joe Blog Posted June 22 Posted June 22 Jesus some of the rules for staff in schools are so archaic. I wear a tshirt/polo most days and wear shorts all through the summer at school. Our head/governors are all pretty realistic with clothes Quote
davertfnewman Posted June 22 Posted June 22 I'm a teacher in a school with a pretty high number of Muslim students. I heard a head of year going round to classes this morning recommending students to leave off their blazers and coats. However, even at the end of the day there were kids pretty covered up even though it was unbearably hot in the old building with little air conditioning because they're quite conservative in their dress. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 20 hours ago, Nexus said: Got an email this evening saying we can take our ties off. Absolute freedom. Sweated through my shirt, could've wrung the fucker out when I got home. We're supposed to be having the Trust coming to do some QA on Thursday, but in a shock to no-one, they've cancelled. You'd therefore think we'd probably let the kids wear PE kit wouldn't you? Don't be ridiculous. Sweat and die, pigs. Quote
deathrey Posted June 23 Posted June 23 My kid wore a t-shirt to school today, so I'm delighted. He's now wondering round the house in his pants as he's realised it's cooler than clothes. I hope I haven't created a clothes refusing monster now, we'll try shorts tomorrow I think. It's 19 degrees in Boston today, England are lucky they aren't playing at home. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 23 Posted June 23 I hate it. I haven't got time to explain all the ways I hate it, but I am currently on a packed Overground train and i've just realised for 20 minutes sweat was literally dripping off my elbow onto a strangers foot. Rank weather. Quote
deathrey Posted June 23 Posted June 23 I want to be clear, I also hate it. This country should never be hotter than 24 degrees. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.