deathrey Posted July 8 Posted July 8 It's crawling back to being unbearable again. I thought I was used to it now - and my tolerance has improved - but it can fuck off today. The next 3 days are going to be 34 degrees here. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 8 Paid Members Posted July 8 It's definitely too hot for me and I've got to wear a suit on Friday as I'm going to a funeral. The worst bit of that is that there is no booze at the wake. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 8 Paid Members Posted July 8 This summer feels like it's been going on for 8 years and it's only the start of July. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 9 Paid Members Posted July 9 Just watch, the minute the kids break up we'll get weeks of 15C drizzle. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 9 Paid Members Posted July 9 The one year old barely slept last night because it was too bloody hot then threw up his dinner all over me at 5 a.m. this morning. If you're wondering what baby sick smells like in 30 degree heat I can confirm that...it's not great. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 9 Posted July 9 11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: The one year old barely slept last night because it was too bloody hot then threw up his dinner all over me at 5 a.m. this morning. If you're wondering what baby sick smells like in 30 degree heat I can confirm that...it's not great. Reminds me of one Summer when we were driving down to Dorset (about a 4 hour drive) and my youngest was about 1 at the time and she threw up SO bad in the car. I've never experienced anything like it. I swear I could smell it for weeks. Quote
deathrey Posted July 9 Posted July 9 29 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: Just watch, the minute the kids break up we'll get weeks of 15C drizzle. I can't wait! Then we can go to the park without getting heat stroke Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 9 Paid Members Posted July 9 Just now, deathrey said: I can't wait! Then we can go to the park without getting heat stroke Fuck off, you know you'll be running around shouting "Don't go down the slide, you'll get a wet bum!" Quote
deathrey Posted July 9 Posted July 9 1 minute ago, tiger_rick said: Fuck off, you know you'll be running around shouting "Don't go down the slide, you'll get a wet bum!" Honestly, I won't. We have puddle suits if needed but my son rarely goes on anything but the swing - he can spend an hour on that. I'd rather stand in the drizzle pushing him than in the sun. I can't stand in the sun so we would just be stuck inside all day Quote
Ulf ist Gut Posted July 9 Posted July 9 Not having had to deal with being vommed on (yet), the thing that's getting to me most at the minute is how the constant high temperature over the past however many days means nothing really cools down and everything always feels warm. The carpets/lino on the floor feel warm, as does my duvet, clothes coming out of draws, cups and mugs coming out of cupboards, chairs. All adds to the general neverending feeling of grossness and being too hot. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 9 Members Posted July 9 2 hours ago, Onyx2 said: Just watch, the minute the kids break up we'll get weeks of 15C drizzle. Sounds like bliss. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 9 Posted July 9 I'm not just saying this because it's currently unbearably hot again, if you said to me there was a button I could push and it would be 15C and drizzly forever, I wouldn't even stop to consider the consequences before pushing the button. Quote
deathrey Posted July 9 Posted July 9 Autumn is my favourite season, I like Spring too. I could do all year Autumn Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted July 9 Paid Members Posted July 9 10 hours ago, Onyx2 said: Just watch, the minute the kids break up we'll get weeks of 15C drizzle. From your lips to God's ears. Quote
Joe Blog Posted July 9 Posted July 9 My new classroom has air con. Kids complained today that the room was too cold. No pleasing some people Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.