#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Bacon flavour crisps are second only to chicken in the potato based disappointment stakes.

False.

False is an understatement, that's downright slander right there. Frazzles are in the high echelon of snacks. And the greatest crisps ever made, which sadly are no longer available (save from the odd vending machine in Halfords), are bacon flavour Crunchy Fries.

9262b71e28ecd38496c6519a84db179d.jpg

I never had school lunch from years 8-10 at school, because I would spunk all of my lunch money on these and cans of Dr Pepper on the way to school every morning.

• Paid Members

Chicken Crisps really smell rotten, i've always got an instant opinion of somebody if i see/smell them eating them without knowing them, Povo.

Definitely not povo:

LN_548749_BP_11.jpg

I'd agree most chicken crisps are poor (i eat them first in a multipack to get them out of the way). But these are most certainly the exception to that rule. Also a big fan of the Chinese crackers they do in the same range

• Paid Members

I mentioned Walkers' Cheeseburger-flavour deep ridged crisps many pages ago in the thread, and I still stand by them as being one of the best flavours ever.

As to the whole Nik Naks debate, I like the rib and Worcester sauce ones, but don't like the scampi ones, which is odd, as I do love Scampi Fries, which come only second to pork scratchings for pub snacks. (Also love chilli-coated peanuts).

• Paid Members

The stinkiest crisps of all time were KP cheese & onion. They had a half-life of about 7,000 years, they were terrific. The closest you get these days are Golden Wonder ones

Golden Wonder Cheese & Onion are super underrated. You rarely see stand Golden Wonder crisps about these days but they are top drawer. You sometimes see them on market stalls if you are lucky but Home Bargain always seems to have them, 20p a bag.

Golden Wonder are great value these days. The salt and vinegar are up there with pickled eggs for face scrunchieness. Love a bit of crisps with my flavouring.

Where do we stand on Bugles? I'm partial to them myself but I begrudge a corn based snack getting ideas above its station.

• Paid Members

Bugles are just a shite yank crisp exported to the UK. They are useful for putting on your fingers to pretend to have claws, but that's about it.

Anybody ever have Chex Mix, a popular snack over here? They're a mix of Chex (a shreddie-esque cereal), pretzels, little breadsticks, nuts, and little crackers that are like the garlic bread snacks Phineas Fogg used to make (can you still get them?). My favourite flavour is "bold", which means Worcestershire Sauce, but I discovered over Christmas that I have an allergy to something in them, probably the anchovy in Worcestershire Sauce, which caused my lips to swell up like inner tubes. Didn't stop me eating the whole big bag.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious