#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Round here they also do the Scallop with a couple of cheese slices inside. So a big round chip, dipped in batter with scalding hot cheese oozing out of the middle.

That also takes me back to when I was a kid. We used to get a square of "Plastic" ham, put a square of "Plastic" cheese on top of it, roll it into a tube, dip it in batter, and deep fry it until it was golden. Eaten with salad in a forlorn hope of balancing out the sheer heart attackyness of the ham and cheese fritter. Also we used to have a lot of corned beef fritters, we'd probably call it tempura now because we have stumbled into a middle class cul-de-sac from our working class roots. I wouldn't have used the words "Cul-de-sac" back then either.

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Moderators

Also, I'm on a new diet for the new year consisting mainly of red meat and cholesterol. For breakfast I had three bacon baps, now for lunch I'm having four gammon rounds, and for tea I shall have a delightful steak and kidney frey bentos. As snacks through the day I have the odd Hollands scotch pie with lots of ketchup and as a special treat a massive analogue of a Sara Lee I got from Farmfoods is defrosting in the fridge and will be eaten today. I am drinking strawberry nesquik (whole milk or jersey gold top), Lilt, and Newcastle Brown Ale.

My energy and vitality is through the roof, my moods have massively improved, and I have a certain glow around me. Like I'm pregnant. However, my arse babies haven't been born healthy. Losing their former rigidity to become pale brown water, sluicing through the arsehole and burning like Windsor Castle in 1992. It's not all bad though, as I quite enjoy sitting on the chodbin having a read. 

Edited by PowerButchi