#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I can't believe any of you think you can beat Scotland in the deep frying stakes.  We have scallops, although they're called fritters.  Fair enough we don't have friblets but we do deep fry pizzas (in batter it's called pizza crunch), Mars bars and Creme Eggs at Easter.

Just because you deep fry everything, doesn't mean that everything you deep fry is a good idea. I had a bite of a deep fried Marathon once, and thought I liked it, but my body rebelled against it and wouldn't let me eat any more. I handed it off to a mate, and the same happened to him.

Are you doing anything for Burns Night? I have a lot of time for the Scots due to that (love Haggis). Certainly better than the Welsh equivalent, where they probably serve pickled leeks or some such wankery.

Not tonight but will be getting tore in to a Haggis dinner and several pints of Caledonian Best on Friday night.

I can't believe any of you think you can beat Scotland in the deep frying stakes.  We have scallops, although they're called fritters.  Fair enough we don't have friblets but we do deep fry pizzas (in batter it's called pizza crunch), Mars bars and Creme Eggs at Easter.

Just because you deep fry everything, doesn't mean that everything you deep fry is a good idea. I had a bite of a deep fried Marathon once, and thought I liked it, but my body rebelled against it and wouldn't let me eat any more. I handed it off to a mate, and the same happened to him.

I've had the Mars bar but not the Creme Egg.  It's pretty nice as long as you treat it like a dessert.  We deep fry haggis in a variety of ways.  Half chicken supper is also up there in terms of culinary awesomeness

Edited by MungoChutney

• Paid Members

I've always wanted to go to Scotland and eat deep fried stuff but Baz's grim tales have put me right off. Wall to wall tramps willy's I bet.

I think about this all the time... Scotland sounds like a cracking place (never been, my deep fried choccie bar experience was in Skeggy), but I imagine when I get there I'll run into Baz tucking into a deep-fried tramp under a bridge over a canal full of dead prostitutes.

• Paid Members

Supper just means "With Chips" though doesn't it.

Best deep fried thing I have had was by my mates mum. Deep fried calzone. She is Italian and she assures us it is a traditional delicacy. They taste amazing but they are basically heart attack fritters.

• Paid Members

I've always wanted to go to Scotland and eat deep fried stuff but Baz's grim tales have put me right off. Wall to wall tramps willy's I bet.

Baz has put me off visiting Scotland full stop, for fear that I'd catch every disease and infection under the sun just by trotting over the Union Bridge.

Baz has put me off visiting Scotland full stop, for fear that I'd catch every disease and infection under the sun just by trotting over the Union Bridge.

Indeed, his accurate descriptions are always free from any hyperbole whatsoever.

How are you not all massive, fat cunts???

Yeah we might have shit chippies but I once had pie and mash in Hull, and it was shocking whilst we have places like Harringtons and BJs so who's really winning lads?

Bet our greasy spoons are better than yours as well

It's all the heroin, keeps us skinny.