Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

Funny I met him twice, at Universal Uproar and at a WWE show and he was nice enough both times.

Don't remember giving him or anyone any money at Universal Uproar. He didn't say much at the WWE show, but acknowledged he was in a hurry (he was just walking past).

I find Foley to be utterly disgraceful. Similar to my one time hero Bret Hart, Foley has become an arrogant, egotistical bastard who seems to have some sort of complex. I can't pin-point it exactly but he went from endearing star who ruined his body to someone who will do anything for an extra dollar.

• Paid Members
I feel pretty sure that the money for autographs at International Showdown was for charity wasn't it?

If it was, they didn't tell us when we were queuing.

herbie, input please.

• Paid Members

I met him at a TNA show & he was perfectly nice, I agree he should've retired as an active wrestler after the Orton match. Loads of people from saw & met him at his Q&A shows and I don't remember that many reports he was cunty then either? That said, the shit with Madman Kelly is fucking inexcusable & he's pimped himself out that much, with various tours in a seemingly short period of time that his appearance somewhere wouldn't seem special at all.

Flair however, not even comparable. He's an old rock star, lived a life that would be as foreign to today's roster as much as it is to us. It'd be odd to consider him ending up any other way, apart from possibly dead. Flair's like Oliver Reed, Richard Harris or any old hellraiser. Probably a fucking nightmare to live or work with but the star of hundreds of amazing stories & a genuine character.

Nothing to say about Foley the person but I could never fully embrace him as a wrestler. Great brawler but the most idiotic bumper I've seen. Obviously the stuntman stuff in WWF set an unnecessarily dangerous standard but the early WCW stuff irks me even more. Sentons and flat back bumps onto concrete in throwaway matches that nobody was watching or cared about.

• Paid Members
I feel pretty sure that the money for autographs at International Showdown was for charity wasn't it?

If it was, they didn't tell us when we were queuing.

herbie, input please.

No, it wasn't for charity. And although I wasn't directly involved in that end, nobody should have been charged for the meet & greet afterwards. It was included in the VIP tickets. If Foley put out a box, that was is own deal. He sure did try & squeeze as much money out of that trip as possible; he was like a miser. I wasn't there at that stage though- I was packing up production equipment & writing cheques for the crew.

I did hear about some people being able to just wander backstage after the show and meet wrestlers though, but that was down to the thick Skydome security staff; I can only apologise for that to anyone who paid extra for the meetings.

during his
Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members
Obviously the stuntman stuff in WWF set an unnecessarily dangerous standard but the early WCW stuff irks me even more. Sentons and flat back bumps onto concrete in throwaway matches that nobody was watching or cared about.

When I watched all of the Raw's from 98 last year I was surprised by all the rough bumps he took every week. He'd be wrestling Billy Gunn in a 3 minute nothing match and would be taking really rough bumps outside the ring. Madness. It didn't even really garner him any sympathy from the audience either. He barely got any offense in ever. No matter where on the card his opponent was he'd spend the whole match having the shit knocked out of him. In his book he talks about during this period how the fans didn't care about him...it's easy to see why. Until he came out with Socko he was a glorified jobber.

Edited by LaGoosh

Obviously the stuntman stuff in WWF set an unnecessarily dangerous standard but the early WCW stuff irks me even more. Sentons and flat back bumps onto concrete in throwaway matches that nobody was watching or cared about.

Absolutely this. It was nuts, and it was practically every match. Sickening thuds onto concrete to the point it was just routine.

You can't make any sense out of it, there was absolutely no payoff. The bone shattering bumps weren't put over like they should've been for maximum effect, the visual impact was nothing compared to the craziness and pain from it, cameras barely caught them, or at least never made the most of them - yet still he kept doing it week after week after week. it was just downright moronic.

I do like him though, i enjoy his matches, but every time i see him doing that stuff to little reaction or reward in most of his WCW matches, all I can think (after the initial wince) is "what the fuck are you doing, you idiot?"

I still don't know how he managed to do it for a decade. I would barely have been surprised to find out he was actually a skinny runt and wrestled his whole career in a padded fat suit

On the bigger point, i'm glad that wrestlers real life personalities make absolutely no difference to my enjoyment of them!

I remember him being miserable at the meet and greet before International Showdown, he was the only one there that charged for autographs (baring in mind, off the top of my head, CM Punk, Raven, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe were there too). Going off track a little, you'd never be able to organise a meet and great like that now without wrestlers charging for photos and autographs. It was a virtually free version of Wrestlecon in a more confined space. Excellent stuff, really.

But yeah, Foley was miserable as sin. Ended up going to a couple more meet and greets with him since- one at a TNA show a few years back and one at his stand-up show. He only came across well at his stand-up show.

Edited by AVM

• Paid Members
This is an enjoyable thread. Not only for the Foley bashing which is fun to read, but for the fact that it made me google him and I discovered his now really hot daughter.

She shagging Frank The Spacker Clown, apparently. The bloke who turns up at WWE events all the time. He has money and gives her attention, so shes obviously a Foley. Her twitter is full of filth, double entendres and things she'd like to do with CM Punk and Randy Orton.

Here she is with a cock on her head.

penu5u3u.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Fuck it - while we're at it, here's another titbit from Showdown:

His contract was US$10k + a business class flight from JFK to Heathrow. When I went to book his flight it was $3000 more than an economy flight, and Foley said "just give me the cash instead". I had no problem with this, as it all balanced out for us, but it shows his mentality. Fair enough, I guess. But why not just ask for $13k + an economy flight? "Do you want a burger, Mick?" "No, just give me the

Edited by herbie747