Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

I have nothing but respect for Mick Foley. I also see no problem with him posting on his own Facebook page for his fans that he is not signing a legends deal and giving the reason why.

Mick Foley will have more freedom, and make more money not being on the legends deal.

So what's the issue?

Try reading the discussion maybe, and you'll see the issue?

Yep, still can't see what the issue is with him A) Turning down a legends deal and B) explaining why on his Facebook page.

• Moderators
Yep, still can't see what the issue is with him A) Turning down a legends deal and B) explaining why on his Facebook page.

I don't know who you are 'Widdy85' (if that is your real name), but its because he's continuing his usual "poor me" routine which inevitably will result in him coming crawling back after a few months to a year. He's as a slimy cunt as there are.

At Foley's stand-up show I went to a few years back, he got a goth-rock looking girl on stage cos he noticed her massive knockers during the meet and greet before the show, then jokingly pretended to 'motor-boat' them. Actually found it funny back then but as time has gone on I've just thought 'Yeah, you're a bit creepy, mate.'

• Paid Members

It's incredible how similar my experience of Mick Foley is to so many other people's on here. Foley was one of my absolute favourites throughout the late Attitude Era into the early 2000s. I don't think I was ever more invested in a character as I was during his retirement feud with Triple H. His books were the first wrestling books I ever read, his Greatest Hits & Misses DVD was one of, if not the first superstar collection I bought. When I heard he was coming to Universal Uproar in Coventry and would be available for a signing session, I jumped at the chance to go. At that point I'd never even been to a non-WWE wrestling show.

Then I met him and came away thinking he was a right greedy cunt. He signed my book and DVD (can anyone recall if you had to pay for autographs? I think I did, but can't be certain) and also a cool 8x10 which I bought at his table. He had my money and I was a pretty happy punter. Then he tried the hard-sell on me for one of his Cactus Jack shirts after I'd shown an interest but realised he didn't have my size. Only XXLs left while I was a medium. He was proper pushing it onto me, almost to the point of making me feel uncomfortable for saying no thanks, as it would look ridiculous on me. He even went as far as shouting after me as I walked away 'Come back if you change your mind about the t-shirt!'

I mean, it wasn't a horrible experience or anything. I wasn't completely put off him straight away, I just came away thinking 'that was a bit off' and it was the first time I'd been exposed to that side of him and I remember feeling a bit let down about it afterwards. You assume the self-confessed cheap bastard thing would be a bit of a character he'd play up when appropriate, not when meeting real fans.

Foley was one of the first wrestlers I ever met. I met shitloads more over the next few years and can honestly say that I never met another that came off as much of a knob as Foley. Even Bret Hart, though miserable, was at least extremely appreciative of the fans that were coming to meet him.

I feel for Bret a bit. His fall from grace has been comparable to Foley's but I wouldn't say he's anywhere near as much of a tosser. He had a much tougher time of things than Mick when you look at the way his career ended, his closest family dying, his stroke. Foley's a happy bloke, he's got a very nice life. This is a man that wears fucking Christmas jumpers every day. He's really got no excuse for being a petty whinging bastard.

Edited by Arch Stanton

For how much you guys now dislike the man, imagine how irritating he is to someone that didn't like him during the Attitude era.

I'm pretty sure I audibly said "fuck off" when he would do his cheap pop routine. An uber twat of the highest order.

Foley is a mixed one for me.....I loved his '96 run with Undertaker, his match with HBK, and i dare say without him against HHH in early 2000, Trips might not have been quite the big star he became, or taken a bit longer.....His ability to get you into the match and actually show real sympathy is up there with Steamboat/Michaels/Hart for me.....His matches with Randy Orton and Edge were crackers too....its just he looks like a miserable, pervy SMELLY bastard...and every time he returns, i give a shit even less than the last time....He has a stunning wife, millions in the bank and as has been said his first 2 books were excellent, but now he is just a dirty old man trying to shill his wares and coming across as desperate to boot....his letching over the divas was "Creepy Uncle you have to put up with at functions"....not even in an ironic way..And his constant criticism of the WWE product shows that he perhaps hasn't moved with the times...maybe all those chair shots had a deeper effect than we all realise......

Foley's a happy bloke, he's got a very nice life. This is a man that wears fucking Christmas jumpers every day. He's really got no excuse for being a petty whinging bastard.

Doesn't he need help putting his socks on in the morning or something? And get confused? Or am I imagining that?

That's the tragedy of Foley I think. He destroyed his body doing stupid shit seemingly for the adoration of the fans. And he reached the stage where his fans really did think he was a God, and then he came back again and again to ever increasing apathy. And you always get the feeling that the adoration of those fans meant more to him than anything and I don't think he'll ever get that back.

• Paid Members
Foley's a happy bloke, he's got a very nice life. This is a man that wears fucking Christmas jumpers every day. He's really got no excuse for being a petty whinging bastard.

Doesn't he need help putting his socks on in the morning or something? And get confused? Or am I imagining that?

Yeah, there is that. He could probably get those socks on a little easier if he made a bit of effort to lose some weight though. There are probably blokes close to 90 that are more mobile than him but he doesn't do himself any favours.

I still like Foley, and thought you guys were being a bit harsh on him, but then reading through the discussion, I think I've been lucky in being able to retain my fandom of him. Breaking it down- I've never met the guy, didn't read his books after Foley Is Good, didn't see his TNA run, and I really don't see being frugal as a bad quality. The only time I've really cringed at Foley was when he and Santino had the Socko/Cobra face-off.

I was considering getting the Hardcore Diaries on eBay, but maybe it's best not to- I want to keep my memories of a guy who wrote two great autobiographies, retired after a great series with Triple H (WM2000 aside) and returned to majorly put over two young stars in Orton and Edge.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

[quote name='Shane O' Mac Version 2' date='Apr 24 2014, 0:27' post='2834587'

I was considering getting the Hardcore Diaries on eBay, but maybe it's best not to- I want to keep my memories of a guy who wrote two great autobiographies, retired after a great series with Triple H (WM2000 aside) and returned to majorly put over two young stars in Orton and Edge.

On the one hand I'd say don't... But on the other it's interestingly surreal watching him publicly gush over Melina in such a creepy way. She even gets a full page photo of herself, and John Morrison gets a thank you for being so cool about it.