Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
When I went to book his flight it was $3000 more than an economy flight, and Foley said "just give me the cash instead". I

This sums up Foley perfectly for me, such a do-as-you-likey. What has he done with his money, seeing as he's tighter than a ducks arse?

• Paid Members

He cant ride roller coasters anymore on medical grounds. His brain is to scrambled to be allowed to go on them. He's broken down beyond belief. I saw him walking on the clip WWE.com posted about a year ago, and he was stumbling along like Alf Garnet. Imagine how bad he's going to be in his 60s? I wonder if the longer life goes on, the more he's fearing the inevitable? He cant put his own socks on these days. He was on Wife Swap and cut a pretty sad figure of a bloke in his late 40s who needed assistant to roll his socks up.

One of the reasons he said he was retiring in 2000 was because he forgot what his address was or something like that. He was suffering memory loss 14 years ago, so fuck knows what he's like now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

If Mick really wants to make money off his name without WWE he's being pretty shortsighted being a grumpy cunt to everyone who meets him. Meet and greets and stand up shows and shit like that are the only things he can do really and if everyone knows he's a sour tight old cunt who doesn't give a shit about them they'll be less inclined to go.

Flair however, not even comparable. He's an old rock star, lived a life that would be as foreign to today's roster as much as it is to us. It'd be odd to consider him ending up any other way, apart from possibly dead. Flair's like Oliver Reed, Richard Harris or any old hellraiser. Probably a fucking nightmare to live or work with but the star of hundreds of amazing stories & a genuine character.

I can kind of see what you are getting at in terms of womanising and drinking, but...please do not compare Ric Flair to the great Richard Harris ever again.

I feel pretty sure that the money for autographs at International Showdown was for charity wasn't it?

If it was, they didn't tell us when we were queuing.

herbie, input please.

No, it wasn't for charity.

The thing in Jumping Jaks? Where he signed stuff on the stage at the end? Maybe I've taken too many chair shots to the head but I'd swear it was announced as a charity donation for an autograph...

• Moderators
I feel pretty sure that the money for autographs at International Showdown was for charity wasn't it?

If it was, they didn't tell us when we were queuing.

herbie, input please.

No, it wasn't for charity.

I was in the signing after the show and did say it was for charity. I didn't pay though...

Hahaha.. I almost told this story earlier in the thread; it's funny how this keeps coming back!!

My mate was Foley's assistant who was collecting money for the autograph signing. He had read somewhere online or in PS or heard that Mick was giving his show fee to charity. He got it mixed up and thought all the signing money was going to charity as well - so he kept telling people queuing up "it's all for charity and don't be tight!" .

At the end of it all, Mick gave him all the lose change as a thank you for his help and he said "I can't take this money if it's for charity" and Mick just gave him a look and said "nah, this money is for me".

I was still under the impression that his show fee did actually go to charity though, but who knows..? If it did then him sitting in Economy to give an extra $3000 to charity sounds a bit different to how the story sounded before.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Fuck it - while we're at it, here's another titbit from Showdown:

His contract was US$10k + a business class flight from JFK to Heathrow. When I went to book his flight it was $3000 more than an economy flight, and Foley said "just give me the cash instead". I had no problem with this, as it all balanced out for us, but it shows his mentality. Fair enough, I guess. But why not just ask for $13k + an economy flight? "Do you want a burger, Mick?" "No, just give me the

• Paid Members
The thing in Jumping Jaks? Where he signed stuff on the stage at the end?

I wasn't talking about anything in Jumping Jaks, I'm talking about the Gold and Silver ticket holders meeting the talent in the SkyDome after the show finished. That's when Foley produced his box for fivers.

• Paid Members
Hahaha.. I almost told this story earlier in the thread; it's funny how this keeps coming back!!

My mate was Foley's assistant who was collecting money for the autograph signing. He had read somewhere online or in PS or heard that Mick was giving his show fee to charity. He got it mixed up and thought all the signing money was going to charity as well - so he kept telling people queuing up "it's all for charity and don't be tight!" .

At the end of it all, Mick gave him all the lose change as a thank you for his help and he said "I can't take this money if it's for charity" and Mick just gave him a look and said "nah, this money is for me".

I was still under the impression that his show fee did actually go to charity though, but who knows..? If it did then him sitting in Economy to give an extra $3000 to charity sounds a bit different to how the story sounded before.

That sounds like the most likely scenario. There was no charity link at all to the show. The wrestlers got paid their appearance fees, they sold their gimmicks and kept the money, and we charged into the show itself + the pre-show at jumping jacks. Besides that, the only other cash in we had was a raffle, merch table fees, programmes, and show sponsors. Definitely no charity tie in.

Edited by herbie747