Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

What do we think actually happened with Tamina on last weeks show? All I can think is that she was supposed to say the line, but in a different tone,  not in the exact same way that Charolotte said it. Just wondered if anything has come out that explains it?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking earlier about Rusev and where he'll fit in once they bring him back and I think the natural thing is to bring him back as a face. Thus far he's been pigeon-holed as the anti-American  , foreign menace by WWE which is a role that's being played by Jinder and to a lesser extent Owens at the moment. Plus then you have Corbin as the big dominant heel so I don't know where Rusev would fit in as a heel. I think the best way to bring him back in as a face would be in some scenario where he makes the save for Lana. With Ellsworth getting some heat now maybe a scenario in which Carmella is giving Lana a beat down and they tease Ellsworth becoming involved before Rusev makes the save returning as a face. I think he'd be a pretty likeable baby face I mean when he has been on the likes of Talking Smack he's come across as pretty hilarious. Think it could work out. 

He stood up for his wife all through his feud with Roman Reigns, and was still portrayed as a heel though. With the announcement of an Independence Day Battle Royale for next week for a crack at the US title at Battleground, I could maybe see them bringing Rusev back and winning that and then turn him face during the build up to the PPV with promos along the line of "With my wife being granted a women's championship match, and I getting this opportunity, America is truely the land of opportunity, I see that now. If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change...". That's not to say he'll be coming out to Real American decked out in the red, white and blue but he can adopt a more pro-US stance in his attitude.

Oh, and Punjabi Prison is official. Yay!

I thought about how awesome Rusev could be as a face.

I then considered how WWE book faces in modern times.

I then thought about how WWE would actually book Rusev as a face.

Never before has an erection achieved flacidity so abruptly.  

Oh the possibly amazing vignettes they could shoot with Rusev learning to do things the American way. He has such good natural wit and timing that he could make even the silliest ones work, like trying Apple Pie for the first time.

Archived