Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Corbin is alright. He's still improving and he's got a cool finisher. He's more interesting on Talking Smack than boring Jinder. Promo skills are improving but he just needs to come in and kick arse and not say much really 

Rusev has been amusing on twitter. Tweeting about how he's playing video games and reading all the Harry Potter books because he has so much time on his hands while waiting to be brought back

• Paid Members

Corbin has more than just a cool finisher. Deep Six and the ringpost evade are cool signatures. He doesn't wrestle classic matches at the moment because he's not put in a position to. He wrestles to his character, and his timing is already good enough to carry him when he is pushed into higher situations. I don't see his push relenting, and neither do I want it to. I want a consistent push so that when he cashes in, people buy it. I want him to succeed. If his look annoys people, all the better for it.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Weren't people talking positively about Corbin only a few weeks ago? There seems to have been another 180 on him.

I'm not 100% certain but I reckon that was, perhaps, different people?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Weren't people talking positively about Corbin only a few weeks ago? There seems to have been another 180 on him.

He's improved, somewhat, which got some praise on here, because he was shockingly underdeveloped when he first arrived on the main roster. However, improving a bit doesn't mean he's ready for his current push.

Thing is, he was just starting to find his stride on NXT (after being one of the worst things on the show), then Vince called him up WAY before he was ready. He's now got a push well before he's ready, which usually always ends with a comedy gimmick.

I hope I'm wrong, of course, but he's never once shown any proper main event potential.

They've got Battleground before SummerSlam so maybe they go with Jinder getting a dusty win over Cena there and then big match John takes the belt at SummerSlam.

Gives Jinder another big win, spreads the feud out a little bit and allows for a bit more anticipation maybe

• Paid Members

Strowman's return must have put this whole "free agent" match with Reigns thing on the back burner?

29 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Strowman's return must have put this whole "free agent" match with Reigns thing on the back burner?

I think that was people putting 2 & 2 together anyway wasn't it?

Could still happen though, there doesn't seem much for Roman to do after Braun beats him at the next PPV, and Cena hasn't suddenly been made a free agent so he can be next in line to face Jinder.

Ridiculous as it sounds I see Jinder/Cena headlining next years Mania.

1 hour ago, FattHardy said:

It's the usual WWE push somebody so fans decide they don't like somebody schtick.

Bollocks, you don't get much of that around here, it's just a difference in opinions. Corbin has always been pushed to some degree anyway and they clearly think highly of him

Last night's show already a bit of a blur. Women's MITB could be good (deja vu, like), very much enjoyed the out of the blue Gable v Owens match and Chad getting to be funny on the mic. I've wanted a Gable singles match ever since I first saw those silky mat skills 

Good Carmella promo. Bryan telling Ellsworth to shut up was class, the segment lost momentum it had built up well over the show though with this;

Charlotte: Natalya, if you don't stop talking I'll make you look like Ellsworth 

Crowd: HA! YEAAH!! GOOD ONE! 

Tamina: Charlotte, you better shut up or I'll have you looking like Ellsworth 

Crowd: ...mate...

Oh, Tamina.. Her fuck up or are the writers that shit they wrote the same gag twice in succession? 

Archived