Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like Nakamura to win, but then declare in advance when he wants to cash it in. Maybe at a Network special or show in Tokyo, where they give it all the promotional jelly beans and the fans go mental for him (it's Japan, so for 'mental', see: clap slightly more enthusiastically).

14 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Carmella hasn't done anything significant yet and is the best candidate to win the briefcase for me.

Carmella's a good choice for the womens one for me.
Her and Ellsworth would have some fun with the briefcase I reckon.

As for the mens - God knows. I'd probably say Corbin as he's had the losses to Sami and they seem to see big things in him.

yeah can't see past Carmella and Corbin either. 

Carmella would be a good choice. 

Corbin on the other hand could be pretty dull in the position,  but i I'm hoping to be proved wrong as I do really like him. just need him to step it up a gear personality wise to really sell me.

12 hours ago, D@mm said:

I can see James Ellsworth winning the Women's MITB match somehow and have him as Intergender champion of the World.

Maybe in the past that might have happened but in this era of the Womens revolution I just can't see them doing something as gimmicky as that

With all this promotion of the 1st Womens MITB to then have a Man win it is a terrible look and undoes all the work being done to legitimise Womens wrestling in WWE 

I can see him helping Carmella and trying to climb it with her or something like that but not just out right winning it and claiming it for himself.

Here's a scenario.

Cena's back. He's defending our American honor (no 'u') on Independence Day, and wants to face Jinder Mahal. To bring the belt back where it fucking belongs, in the U the S and the A. He wants to break the record of 16 title wins by taking the belt off Jinder and restoring it's value.

They do it the match on some PPV. Flair in the crowd watching. Cena wins. Big celebration. Fireworks, confetti, all the babyfaces come out to applaud. Announcers stand up and take off the headsets to applaud. History has been made.

Then Baron Corbin comes out, wipes his dick on it all and wins the belt immediately.

My question - great heat that gets Corbin over as a reviled, hated heel, or vomit-worthy because of the guy involved?

• Paid Members

I think it would work perfectly. You'd get the smark crowd complaining that they "wasted" Cena's 16th title reign, I'm sure, but they're still going to watch regardless, and it would be less of a waste than a middling couple of months feuding with Jinder Mahal.

It's perfect for Corbin's character - he's a bully, but he's also an entitled prick who thinks he's worked harder than anyone else and deserves more than anyone else, for him to swan in and steal someone else's big moment fits him. I imagine those two could have some decent matches, too. No downside for me.

• Paid Members

I think the "Corbin immediately takes it from the guy who takes it off Mahal" scenario is pretty much nailed on.

And I can honestly see it getting him some 'proper' heel heat. He seems to get decent heat anyway, and it doesn't seem like X-Pac heat to me. But then I'm a big fan.

• Paid Members

I honestly think Corbin as Champion is worse than Mahal. The Juice has fuck all going for him but they clearly think there are lots of dumb people in a far off land who will hand over money for something on the basis that one of their own has the belt. Corbin just has fuck all going for him. Terrible look. No charisma. Really pedestrian ring work. I don't get what they see in him. Big Cass has more about him.

• Paid Members

Thank fuck you said it Rick, coz I was thought I was on my own with those thoughts on Corbin.

He’s fucking awful and looks like one of those aging cunts in a Morbid Angel or Kreator t-shirt you’d see hanging around the edge of a moshpit with his arms folded in a metal bar from the 90’s.

• Paid Members

Just dawned on me that Money in the Bank was the show Handsome Rusev demanded he got a title match at, otherwise he wouldn't come to Smackdown. Well it's happened, and he didn't.

Wonder where they go from here? He's obviously got a history with Jinder, any chance they might bring him back as a babyface to challenge Mahal? Their tag alliance dissolved acrimoniously before they both for moved over to the blue brand, but with no resolution. Rusev could be pissed that Jinder "stole his spot" in the title match at MitB, but that's not exactly babyface motivation.

• Paid Members

Corbin is one of those guys you know isn't going to make it, but it'll take them forever before they give up trying and admit it to themselves. He's the dullest fucker on the roster, with no redeeming qualities. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that Rusev v Shane at Summerslam will be on the cards. Cos Shane ignored his demand, it wouldn't surprise me if he attacked him soon 

Corbin is definitely an improvement on this terrible Jinder "because of the colour of my skin" Mahal push. 

He's had matches that have surpassed expectations (v Kalisto at TLC was super fun somehow), has impactful looking moves rather than a 1984 slam, not so good at the opening generic talky promos, but has done impressive talking backstage and on talking smack, looks good doing regular sneak attacks. And most importantly of all, he has a character that isn't a fuckin brown dude unjustifiably accusing people of racism and trying to dress it up as 'good heat' 

He just needs to finally let go of those plughole pubes he calls hair and I'm on the Corbin train. Hair vs title for whoever takes it off him would be ideal. He also needs to stop half moshing to his own theme, it just looks weird 

Archived