Smackdown Discussion Thread

What on EARTH are they doing with Sami, fine, do this vindictive rib type gimmick where you make him an annoying little twat who can't shut his face, but DON'T fucking drop it for 3 or 4 weeks then go back to it. One week he is likeable the next he sounds like Joe Pasquale. The fucking state of this booking, they somehow take people who even if they shit in your kettle you couldn't dislike them, Bayley, Sami, and make me hate them.

Nakamura is just another shit 50/50 WWE guy isn't he, took about 4 weeks, tossing it off in 8 minute matches and shite WWE comedy. Bollocks.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Nakamura is just another shit 50/50 WWE guy isn't he, took about 4 weeks, tossing it off in 8 minute matches and shite WWE comedy. Bollocks.

People were saying the same about Samoa Joe a couple of weeks ago.

Would be a nice change when doing mitb 6man tag or anything like it to switch up the teams, they're all wrestling each other so to create a different dynamic they should switch up and do 'wild card' teams have AJ, Nak, Zigg vs Owens, Corbin, Zayn, I know its a throw away match but its just a nice change that makes unique matches.

Nakamura is pretty awkward on Talking Smack this week, seemed a bit nervous, was hard to understand and made it awkward for Renee and JBL, He's great at most things but talking is a stumbling block for him (which I understand)

59 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Letting him be himself on camera, like we've been asking them to do with wrestlers for years.

Not when it's at the expense of the character. If the real person turned up to 11 is a shitehawk but the character is likeable, stick to the character. Christian Bale is a right cunt in real life but I liked him in The Machinist.

• Paid Members

I quite liked that little backstage skit with Sami being over-excited and then Nakamura just saying dryly "I like him".

As much as people moan about nakamura and they could clearly do a little more to stop him being in that same environment every week, he's not just another guy. Every other guy in that match has lost recently. Hell, almost every guy on the brand has lost recently. Nakamura hasn't. They make it clear he's the best guy in every match he's in.

I'm kinda hoping for a Mahal/Nakamura PPV main event for the WWE Title. I reckon it will finish Vince off.

• Paid Members

Looking at Smackdown, you do struggle to look for exciting and/or fresh main even matches at the moment. Other than a handful of Nakamura matches (VS Styles, Orton...that's about it) I can't see anything enticing. This is on the basis that 'free agent' Cena moves to Raw, which of course is certainly not a given.

Yet on Raw you have the likes of Balor, Strowman and Joe yet to wrestle half of the upper roster guys. I can see myself looking forward more to Raw PPVs over the next year than I will for Smackdown PPVs.

5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yet on Raw you have the likes of Balor, Strowman and Joe yet to wrestle half of the upper roster guys. I can see myself looking forward more to Raw PPVs over the next year than I will for Smackdown PPVs.

No saying you are wrong, but who are the upper roster guys on Raw that Balor, Joe and Strowman have not faced?

• Paid Members

Brock for all of them (Joe of course happening now), Cena for all of them, Joe VS Braun, Braun VS Balor, Balor VS Reigns.

I'm not even counting feuds against Wyatt, Rollins or Ambrose, because who cares, but plenty of upper-mid feuds there too.

• Paid Members

As much as raws main scene is being booked better right now, I'm still really optimistic about the potential matches nakamura, aj, sami, Owens, Orton and Rusev can have on smack down. With the exception of SZ and KO, all of those combinations, given time, feel really fresh to me. 

• Paid Members

I completely forgot about Rusev! I keep doing that. He needs to be booked very strong on his return, I think he can be thrust into a main event role in Smackdown with some solid booking. Him VS Nakamura could be wonderful.

• Paid Members

Right then. The PPV is this Sunday. Who do we think will be best value carrying the men's and women's MITB briefcases on Smackdown?

I'm pulling for Baron Corbin to win the men's one. Owens already has the US Title. Zayn seems to be in the doghouse. Nobody wants to see Ziggler with it again. Styles and Nakamura are probably above a cash-in title win. Corbin holding the briefcase for a few months and winning in the autumn works best for me, and physically he looks like a threat in a cash-in situation. 

I'm not sure where they are going with the women's one, especially when Naomi has a title match against Lana at the same show. Maybe Charlotte takes the briefcase and turns heel by beating Naomi. 

Anyone else with ideas?

• Paid Members

Carmella hasn't done anything significant yet and is the best candidate to win the briefcase for me. The Smackdown a couple of weeks back when all the women where in the ring for the briefcase unveiling, Naomi said she'd love to be make history and be in that match. With all of the women laughing at Lana, could we maybe see her winning the title and then Naomi getting into the ladder match?  

Corbin is the best option for the men's one and can see him winning 

Archived