Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Seems like a real waste of two guys who seemed to be a massive deal when they got called up but have really fizzled. I guess they can just have them come back to TV once The New Day/Usos feud is finished. 

Slight tangent but with teams being off TV for extended periods on both brands, if that dynamic continues part of me would quite like to see a tag team Money in the Bank match at some stage. You could have a team like Alpha win it, disappear for a bit and make a shock return to cash in. Or even have both guys in a team go on singles runs and then reunite at an opportune moment to cash in on a tag team. I'm sure there are multiple reasons (which will now no doubt be pointed out) why this wouldn't work, but I'd be curious to see it.  

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raw was decent this week, but I still preferred easy, breezy, beautiful Smackdown. I'm all in for everything from the Usos, the New Day and Breezango, I'm way more intrigued by the SD women's division, Ellsworth is a consistent joy and Corbin looked like a boss sucker-punching Sami. I didn't even mind Jinder too much. He delivered his promo much better this week. Admittedly I fast-forwarded through the match, but I'll judge him in that context on PPV (and, as I've said, I would take his last match with Orton over any of Orton's recent matches with Wyatt). The important thing is that, despite being champ, he's still generally a one segment guy, so the show can exist around him.

• Paid Members

As everyone has been saying, the Fashion Files was bloody brilliant. Michael Hayes being up on the board with "Repeat Offender" underneath and Fandango dramatically throwing down that jacket twice in a row are my two favorite WWE moments of the year so far.

I haven't been into New Day for a while but "We're black.. and white" popped me.

Fandango's brilliant, he's got that off the beat surrealism I dig but that's the shit that Vince would never get. He's my new Brad Maddox.

• Paid Members
On 07/06/2017 at 0:31 PM, DJM said:

Not sure if either are injured, but I guess that are not really needed on Smackdown at the moment. There is only really need/time for one tag feud on Smackdown and Usos/New Day is that feud at the moment.

Can't say I agree with that. Even if they're not featured in an actual feud at the moment, they should still be on TV getting quick wins and building themselves up for when they next get a title shot. One of the worst things about WWE booking is the way guys do nothing for weeks, than suddenly become number one contenders and we're supposed to give a shit. There's a reason Braun Strowman and Ryback worked so well and it's because they were  beating everyone week in and week out whilst everything else was going on. 

The Fashion Police skits are the best thing they've done in ages. Exactly what I want from my pro-wrestling. Daft, silly nonsense where the viewer is in on the joke and you could tell the guys are on the brink of corpsing. I lost it when Fandango threw the jacket down a second time.

I don't know if the shit, unnecessary pyro bangs that they've added have just made me paranoid, but have they also tinkered with Nakamura's music now, too? I swear it sounded like they'd messed with the pitch or speed of it. Something wasn't quite right. Much like Nakamura's main roster career as a whole.

Archived