Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

According to wrestlingobserver.com, Alberto is not very happy with the rap-battle segment....

• In a post on Instagram, Alberto El Patron challenged Triple H and people who were involved in the rap battle last Tuesday to a fight when SmackDown comes to San Antonio, Texas this week. El Patron wrote: "Tuesday next week a bunch of p*ssies will be there in San Antonio. The man with the big nose and no balls but also the p*ssies from the rap battle will be too.. also with no balls. Like their boss. All yes men. I'll be in my restaurant. Starting at 10 pm.. I'll be waiting for you there." He went on to say that he'll buy them a drink when he "beats the sh*t" out of them. His issues with The Usos and/or New Day presumably are because of the veiled mention of Paige and Xavier Woods from the rap battle.

When do the ones who make these kind of challenges actually come out looking good? All that will happen is The "Man with the big nose" will completely ignore it and t'old Alberto will go on looking a bigger prick than he already does...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird how much of a hang-up about WWE he has. Sometimes when people leave and do rants, it seems like they're just talking to keep their name out there. With him it comes across proper bitter and angry though in a way that does him no favours, as soon as Paige has her phone out he's mumbling pissed-up rants about Triple H's nose and balls.

14 hours ago, L_E_T_H_A_L said:

Exactly. Also does Paige no favours as she's still employed by WWE, although at this stage you have to wonder if they're keeping her under contract to spite her and Alberto. She clearly does not want to be in WWE.

Didn't Josh Matthews even say 'Paige was sat ringside' on Impact or something?

• Paid Members

I flicked through it. A very by the numbers show. The opening setting up a Cena/Styles match looked really interesting but it quickly went all Teddy Long.

Was nothing else of any note other than another amusing Fashion Police segment with Ryder and Rawley.

Its took a year but they've definitely done the job on SmackDown and made it the official B show again where nothing of significance happens at all

Shame as I did hope with it going live that would chance, but it's back to same old now

• Paid Members

I really liked the short but sweet brawl between Nakamura and Corbin as well. 

I hope they have a good match at Battleground. I wish I knew where the Jinder title reign was going, as Corbin cashing in after Punjabi Prison and facing Nakamura in a title match at Summerslam appeals to me much more than, say, Jinder vs Cena which seems much more likely.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, gadge said:

I hope they have a good match at Battleground. I wish I knew where the Jinder title reign was going, as Corbin cashing in after Punjabi Prison and facing Nakamura in a title match at Summerslam appeals to me much more than, say, Jinder vs Cena which seems much more likely.

That's not a bad idea. It's hot-potatoing the title belt a bit, but it's also another way of giving Orton another title reign (assuming he would win in this scenario, would be wasteful having Corbin cash-in on Jinder) before they inevitably have him and Cena battle it out to beat Flair's record down the line.

• Paid Members

Anyone with Smackdown on series link will need to reset their recording for tonight onwards, due to the change in Sky Sports channels this morning. It's on Sky Sports Arena (408) and Sky Sports Main Event  (401) tonight, as is Raw next Monday night. Virgin Media channel numbers will be different, obviously. 

2 hours ago, gadge said:

Anyone with Smackdown on series link will need to reset their recording for tonight onwards, due to the change in Sky Sports channels this morning. It's on Sky Sports Arena (408) and Sky Sports Main Event  (401) tonight, as is Raw next Monday night. Virgin Media channel numbers will be different, obviously. 

Cheers for the heads up. Would have missed it otherwise.

I hate nationality based feuds but Christ, John Cena could talk for five minutes about crisps and I'd buy shares in Walkers.

At this point in his career, he's so effortlessly good that it's a shame he's content mucking about on Smackdowns mid card.

Archived