Smackdown Discussion Thread

Are they really going to throw away Cena v Nakamura before building the latter up a bit and doing itĀ on PPV? It may be a let-down if it just ends with Corbin interfering to beat up Nakamura again. Good to see Jericho back, and also Owens just walking away without saying anything because he didn't care what was being said in the ring. More guys should do that...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hot potato I feel was to get the belt back onto AJ, because I'm more sure now that Sunday was a cock-up they're trying to fix. Can really see AJ and Nakamura at SummerSlam for the US belt, maybe another chapter of Owens and Jericho with Jericho costing him the belt again next week.

I really hope they don't pull the trigger on Cena's record breaking title win at Summerslam. Who could possibly give a fuck if all he has to do is beat Jinder pissing Mahal?

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Ā 

Or Nakamura taking the fall for a Jinder win.

Whilst I'm sure they're not Bessie mates, and assuming that a triple threat happens, I'm sure Cena would be the type to make a case for keeping Nakamura strong and offer to take the fall himself. It's not like Cena needs protecting at this point in his career

Somehow I only found out about Talking Smack being gone yesterday and I am bummed about it. For me it was the most consistently fun show they had and a big part of why I've been all about Smackdown this past year. Now, when Smackdown's in its worst run since the brand split, they've gone and taken away the one part that had stayed solidly entertaining throughout. Blargh.

• Paid Members

Amazed that I avoided spoilers of the main event. Expected Owens to win, bought a couple of the nearfalls where he didn't, popped big for the finish. Well done WWE. If only the PPV hadn't been so bad in the first place, huh?

• Paid Members

Chad Gable is definitely fast becoming my favourite wrestler, if he adopts that triple rolling belly to belly as a signature it would be sweet, he was throwing Rusev around for fun.

Nakamura vs Cena was excellent for a TV quality match, if they get a chance with an extra 10 minutes on PPV it could be fantastic. That back suplex with Cena landing on his head was nasty as hell though, with the wear and tear his body's under and injuries over the years I wouldn't be surprised if that's done some damage, he didn't land well at all.

Overall, still preferring SmackDown for a weekly show, less time, more focus on storylines and they aren't over using talent (No Corbin or New Day this week but likelyhood of both next week).

• Paid Members

Like to see anyone pretend Nakamura is any other guy after that. Sure, pising about with the likes of Ziggler and Corbin removes some of the aura but they've consistently told us that he's above these people. And now he's above Cena.

Japan vs. India for a World title at SummerSlam. Vince really died years ago and was cryogenically stored. They CGI him onto TV now and then but he's not alive to see this.

Smackdown the better show for two in a row. Not that Raw was bad, it just wasn't this good.

Archived