Smackdown Discussion Thread

Glad to see Bobby Roode on the Blue Brand. Seems to be playing babyface to begin with which is good, he'll be adored if he takes the title off Jinder then he can turn more into his dastardly self.

Good to see Shelton back too but it's a small step back for Gable going back to the tag division after a few break out single matches. Time is on his side though.

Starting to feel really sorry for Sami Zayn too, he's absolutely floundering at the moment. Something needs to change with him and quick. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It looks like they're going back to the Owens/Sami well - normally I'd complain about them revisiting a feud so soon, but it might actually be exactly what those two both need to give them something to work with. Something delightfully meta in having Jimmy Jacobs around during their interaction, too.

They had Sami and Owens do some double team stuff together on a house show in Montreal - now, that's Montreal, and it's a house show, so it might be meaningless - but I wonder if we're going to see Owens and Zayn as a team for a while? It would give Sami something to do, and would change up Owens' act, as we've not seen him work face in WWE since his very first NXT match, and that hardly counts. My only concern is that it would be too similar to what they're doing with Rollins and Ambrose on RAW.

I'd laugh for days if they have Owens break down and ask Sami for help, have them end up teaming together, only for Owens to immediately turn on Sami because, come on, what did he expect would happen?

• Paid Members

Anyone think they'll have Shelton turn on Gable next week? Go on about how he's been waiting his chance to come back to the WWE and isn't willing to be some tag guy with another guy who'll never be more than a tag guy either. Lead to a battle of old vs new, technically gifted amateur wrestlers and give Gable a bit of a push that he's keeping up with a former multiple time singles champion who's had a good few years in Japan. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Winston said:

Glad to see Bobby Roode on the Blue Brand. Seems to be playing babyface to begin with which is good, he'll be adored if he takes the title off Jinder then he can turn more into his dastardly self.

Good to see Shelton back too but it's a small step back for Gable going back to the tag division after a few break out single matches. Time is on his side though.

Starting to feel really sorry for Sami Zayn too, he's absolutely floundering at the moment. Something needs to change with him and quick. 

Is Sami not up to it, or does Vince just not see anything in him? I can never make my mind up if NXT tricked us, or he's genuinely misused.

I love Bobby Roode, but he's probably going to be considered rubbish in three months.

Glad to see Shelton back, I love watching him do mental athletic things.

Roode I can take or leave, for me personally I see him as a 10 out of 10 entrance, then the music stops and he is a bang average 6 out of 10 elsewhere, never seen him take it to the next gear that the greats can do, flick that switch and I think "shit is ON". Never ever had that with Roode. But to be honest Jinder made it to the big belt so 6 out of 10 might be more than enough.

Corbin might have the worst hair in Wrestling.  

Shelton in a tag team is probably the best thing for him. Never saw much in him as a singles wrestler, and Gable getting to work with him will help. Not like they were really getting behind Gable as a singles guy anyway.

Always said Roode was more of a main roster wrestler than an NXT wrestler so great to see they've decided to call him up.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Glad to see Shelton back, I love watching him do mental athletic things.

Roode I can take or leave, for me personally I see him as a 10 out of 10 entrance, then the music stops and he is a bang average 6 out of 10 elsewhere, never seen him take it to the next gear that the greats can do, flick that switch and I think "shit is ON". Never ever had that with Roode. But to be honest Jinder made it to the big belt so 6 out of 10 might be more than enough.

Corbin might have the worst hair in Wrestling.  

Indeed. Standards are so low right now and Roode is clearly better than most. Character and a solid hand.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I think Shy Dad has read it right. Shelton seemed less than happy at the prospective tag team.

Never really thought of Shelton as tall but he fucking dwarfed Gable.

I had to give him a lift in my Peugeot 207 once. He barely fit in. He's also a miserable fucker

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Roode is a bit like Miz in that he works a proper heel style and thus never has any of those "MotY" moments. I can recall him having some cracking baby face matches back in his TNA days, best fiery comeback in the business at one point.

The Takeover Toronto opener vs Tye Dillinger is a great example of how good his heel style can be if the crowd buys a babyface against him. Dead simple match, great heat, dramatic nearfalls.

Archived