The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought the Owens promo was bang on average, despite the production. All I really took away from it is he's well ugly. Dropping the mic when he mentioned Jericho was clever, though.

I did think the Bayley/Stephanie segment was strong. Although, I think they should have went a head and had Bayley relinquish the title. For almost anyone else, I'd say they did the right thing, but fans were really into Bayley being above cheating and what not. Sasha Banks has the worst voice in company history.

• Paid Members

Come on, even last year was better than the build up to WM31. Do I need to bring out that picture of Roman and Brock doing the tug-o'-war with the belt again?

To be fair, you had the cracking impromptu episode of Raw where everyone was stranded, with the Reigns & Brock interviews at WWE HQ. That did far more to build the Mania main event than anything else. The build for WM 31 wasn't amazing, but it was much better than last year. HHH/Sting, Cena/Rusev and Bray Wyatt on his own (VS Taker) did a good job building their matches.

Last year, the build-up to the Cell match was shite and baffling outside of the pop Shane got for his return (for example- why was Taker a Vince stooge all of a sudden?), nobody cared about HHH/Reigns, the Brock/Ambrose build was lacklustre (much like the match would be) and no other match was really big enough to generate that much interest going into the show. Quite a few big names out injured that might have been part of the planned line-up (Cena, Wyatt, Rollins, Orton, Sting) didn't help matters.

Originally Jinder helped Rusev attack Enzo in their little feud, right now though it's just because Foreign. Hogan's gonna kick their fucking heads in at Mania probably cos that's a great look

Biggest shame of the year so far is them turning Enzo from most over act on the roster to annoying goof in record time.

Sheamus kicked his face off and we got a "thank you Sheamus"

Reigns v the tag team champs for no reason is fucking arse

And its a big pity that "which former female superstar would you most like to see back" poll didn't have "put Nia Jax in a fucking skip somewhere and let's get Kharma back" as an option

I'm sick to bloody death of her and her crowd silencing presentation

"I'm not like most girls, particularly if they're vaguely interesting"

Owens' promo was good, as was creepy Lesnar, the continuation of the Joe/Zayn stuff - Joe is just incredible, and the good Strowman/Show match which I remember main eventing a Raw last year but when Strowman was still green as shit and it stank out the place. This was pretty grand in comparison

Also enjoying the cruiserweight stuff, 205 has a bit of momentum finally. The Kendrick and Tozawa thing is fun and the Neville/Gallagher segment was genuinely fantastic

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

It definitely wasn't as good a show as last week, as there was about an hour in the middle of the show I didn't give a toss about, but there were some parts that shone pretty bright for me.

The main event was the most I've enjoyed a Raw main event in bloody donkeys. I loved it. Well done, Strowman, Show and Roman.

Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe had very strong performances on this show as well I thought.

Heyman and Lesnar doing his death stare was in the plus column for me. As was Foley sticking up to Stephanie.

I haven't liked anything Jack Gallagher has been involved in from he has debuted on Raw, but the contract signing with Neville was actually very good. Made me interested in a match between the two which if you had said that to me last week I'd have had a stroke.

The negatives though. Enzo is a heel now. In the space of a couple of weeks they have turned him into an annoying little twerp that people want to see get hammered. Maybe that's the intention to have him heel it up and keep Cass a face when he eventually dumps him.

That New Day thing went on for around about 3 days. Complete nonsense.

When Nia Jax came out the show went into a black hole. Nia, Bayley, Stephanie, Sasha, Charlotte etc. An awful long period of time where there was stuff going on that had me thinking whether I would be having more fun doing the ironing.

Anderson and Gallows against Reigns did nothing for me either.

Edited by WeeAl