The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Anyone remember the older couple that wore fluorescent green and pink and was always front of the shows in the early to mid 2000s? They always got good seats for 'Mania. They disappeared

Hmm.

• Paid Members

Wanting to turn Bayley heel feels like when people wanted to turn Rey Mysterio heel. You can do it, sure, but it's fucking stupid and you won't achieve anything.

With Finn Balor due back before Wrestlemania, I'm trying to figure out where he gets slotted on the Mania card. Strowman and Samoa Joe seem his most likely opponents, but I'd love for them to pair him against AJ Styles in a Raw vs. Smackdown match. I think they'd have a cracker. Have they ever feuded or had matches before?

• Paid Members

I don't think they have. Didn't AJ and the Bullet Club attack Finn during his final NJPW appearance, to confirm he's gone and AJ had joined, like they did last year with Omega? WWE also had a backstage biz cliz tease between them (and Gallows/Anderson) backstage at SummerSlam.

I think it's a bloody great solution for them both at WrestleMania. AJ is in limbo (and will take away from a logical Wyatt three-way from a storyline perspective) and Finn doesn't have a ready-made return feud whatsoever, other than perhaps Owens purely for him to get his title back. You'd imagine they should have a belter, and I don't want to see Shane fucking McMahon on the card at all, least not against AJ.

Edited by PunkStep

My assumption is that the 3 girls will go at it at Mania and Sasha will win the belt by pinning Bayley (possibly heelishly, or that may come a few weeks after) thus keeping Charlotte from being pinned on PPV. Then a nice long stretch until Bayley wins at Summerslam. That of course may hinder my dreams of 'Charlotte/Sasha HIAC2' (with reversed heel/face dynamic) which MUST HAPPEN.

• Paid Members

Charlotte's such a natural heel. Bayley was the ideal foil for her. I'm still waiting for the day Asuka turns up to kick the hell out of them though.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

I fell asleep last night watching the live stream on the Network, and I woke up in the middle of the night during what I assume was This Week in WWE. A graphic on screen mentioned that Seth Rollins will be on Raw this week. Have I dreamt this? If not, surely that means they're expecting him to be fit for Mania?

• Paid Members

I wouldn't have brought Rollins back until Wrestlemania. Or, at most, I'd have kept him off screen until the go-home Raw. Maybe he attacks Triple H in the final segment.

Assuming Seth is going to be ready for Wrestlemania, this injury is probably the best thing that could have ever happened to him and this storyline. For weeks he was being scripted to look like a complete chump, arguably the worst babyface of all time. I had absolutely no sympathy for his character and had no desire to see him fight Triple H. At least by being off TV, with the lines between storyline and reality blurring, the idea that the poor bastard could miss Wrestlemania for the second year running has been the most interesting thing to happen to him all year. Finally, I have a reason to root for him.

If he must make an appearance on Raw then I hope it's a one off. Have him announce he's going away until Mania, focusing entirely on rehabbing, and then every week from now on just Show bits of that documentary where he's crying and looking crushed watching last year's show.

I have so little trust in their writing abilities that if he's on the show every week they'll just go back to scripting him like a dickhead.

Edited by Supremo

We sometimes remark on how crazy it is that we're seeing, to use the hypothetical example above, Samoa Joe vs Fergal Devitt in a WWE ring, and it makes me wonder what it was like for fans in the '80s who knew their territories.

"Holy shit, I never thought I'd see Harley Race vs Junkyard Dog on a WWF show! This is INSANE!"

I think we are talking maybe thousands at the most thinking that ^^^^^^

I think the other 3 million viewers on Raw are thinking...........who's this fat guy that's the champion, why is his belly wiggling? Who are these other people?

I don't think 3 million people are at home even knowing their names. Which might be why the audience is still tuning out in droves.