The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I watched the United match with my Dad today. First thing he said to me was "I watched the wrestling on Sky this morning ... you should have seen Big Show and that big hillbilly with the beard." He was gushing about how amazing it was. "They were picking each other up as if they were nowt." I've always considered my Dad the ultimate casual in that he rarely watches it anymore, but when he loves something it must have really caught his eye.

Big men draw! I'm tell you. Braun Strowman is the next man.

The miserable lederhosen/Bayern Munich shirt wearer and the guy in the bright green t shirt next to him are the most offensive front row fannies about. They're everywhere too.

This guy has spent $10,000 to sit front row at WrestleMania 33. You heard it here first.

Really? 10 grand?! Its not you is it? :D

• Paid Members

I watched the United match with my Dad today. First thing he said to me was "I watched the wrestling on Sky this morning ... you should have seen Big Show and that big hillbilly with the beard." He was gushing about how amazing it was. "They were picking each other up as if they were nowt." I've always considered my Dad the ultimate casual in that he rarely watches it anymore, but when he loves something it must have really caught his eye.

Big men draw! I'm tell you. Braun Strowman is the next man.

Braun Strowman is the current man, for me anyway. I wouldn't watch a minute of Raw if he wasn't on it.

That's what wrestling should be about . Big larger than life characters. People that you don't see in everyday life. It's star power. Star attraction. No different than the big movie actors or the big singers and bands. You get people that are a cut above the rest. Wrestling used to have this in spades.

Of course people are into Braun Strowman and the Big Show. They are literally larger than life. That's why NXT doesn't draw with casuals. I don't even know who the wrestlers are. Who's that other guy from the other page, what's his name? Shenmue? I know a lot of people say he is meant to be good but he doesn't look like a star at all. Even AJ Styles on the show is a shock for me. What casual fan is gonna sit and watch him? It's not believable.

I'll be honest, you were nearly making your first valid point with that post.

You fucked it with the AJ Styles nonsense.

At the very least, big men are contextualised by smaller, more agile athletes. There's always room for a Bret Hart, HBK, Eddie, Rey or Bryan, overcoming the odds and succeeding in the land of the Giants.

It's when they tip the scale too far either way, it's a problem. Too many indie darlings, and you lose character. Too many big guys and you lose pace.

Also, AJ is fucking brilliant. That helps. He doesn't even come across as indie. He's fit into the upper section of the WWE cards really well.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Why? The WWE casuals don't know AJ styles. He was brought in, they put him over, put the belt on him. They sold him as a veteran....which he is but the casuals don't know that so for them, all they see is a new guy come in, he beats Cena, beats some other regular faces that they do know and now he's the Champion in a very short space of time. It's a hard sell if the only thing you watch is WWE wrestling. If you don't know any other company then it is a hard sell and I think WWE forgets that.

They did the same thing when they brought Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens onto Raw. They kept going on and on about their feud in NXT and the matches they had prior to NXT forgetting that NXT is only on the Network and the other stuff is indy stuff, a large portion of the people watching Raw do not watch NXT and don't pay for the Network but the WWE kept going on and on about this feud, a feud that the majority of viewers have never seen before so how are they gonna get excited for it?

There's a way to do mainstream wrestling, the WWE used to know how to do this. They knew how to do video packages and vignettes introducing new wrestlers but in the past few years they've got this attitude that all you need to do is stick them on Raw, with little to no introduction and just assume the audience knows who they are. It doesn't work like that.

AJ Styles is over as fuck on Smackdown, stop spouting crap. Casuals are gonna dip in and out as they see fit, the clue is in the word casuals. What gets them during channel flicking or whatever could be a big lad like Strowman, could be a promo, one of those Actual sexy ladies you're such a fan of, or it might be somebody doing a springboard 450. Stop letting your personal tastes dictate your cloudy idea of what's really wrong with the business today BRO

Who were you trying to refer to before? Definitely nobodys watching "Shenmue" as they don't exist

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Funnily enough, my cousin's five year old boy strutted past me yesterday wearing his plastic replica championship belt. I asked him who he beat to become the champion. He told me he was AJ Styles and he'd beaten John Cena in a ladder match last week.

AJ Styles! Of all the wrestlers to pick! I can only assume he's been tape trading for years and has a stockpile of TNA and New Japan footage. The loser virgin.

• Paid Members

My five year old girl's fave wrestler is AJ too, she likes his hair.

AJ and Bayley are what initially sparked her interest whilst I was watching it on my tablet.

Edited by Teedy Kay