The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I'm guessing for Owens to leg out of the ring as soon as the bell rings, similar to what he did against Sami Zayn in NXT, get back in to stop the count slide out again (mainly just to pad it out for a couple of minutes) then Jericho jumps a barrier throwing Owens back in and we get Goldberg's signature moves for the title win.

You get the belt on Goldberg while not having to take any bumps in the process and it furthers the Owens/Jericho storyline en route to Wrestlemania

• Paid Members

That kinda thing makes sense, Wyatt - I'm thinking Owens eats a Codebreaker before the bell goes in in the title match, gets dumped in the ring, staggers to his feet to eat the Spear/Jackhammer combo.

That way, you don't totally bury KO in an absolute squash (it's a different prospect to the Lesnar unpreparedness angle now) nor does Goldberg get painted as needing help to beat him - for all we know he might have down the same to a healthy Owens, just like he did to Lesnar.

Triple H getting pally with Owens in the last week or two again does make it seem difficult for the main event to just be a standard squash. Perhaps KO will do his stalling, Hunter and Joe come down to help him, and Jericho ends up counteracting them so that Goldberg can prevail.

That throws in enough smoke and mirrors to cover for Bill's limitations, but it also seems weird for Samoa Joe and HHH to be basically in the J & J Security role -- and ultimately get mugged off by two guys that they aren't even feuding with. So I'm not confident it'll go down that way.

Triple H, Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe are being advertised for 6 man tags later this month.  Against Balor, Zayn and Jericho I think.  With Owens also saying he knows how to play the game, and being something about Evolution, and Triple H talking to him in the back I am sure something's going to happen regarding that soon, but I can't see HHH and Joe getting involved tonight, because I can't see Goldberg losing, and if he does because of HHH, then surely he's gonna want to pursue that, but he'll be busy with Lesnar.

Spoilered because of potential spoilers.

• Awards Moderator

Great finish to the show, and I was over the moon that Reigns used "this is my yard". I was worried for a moment we'd get Strowman / Taker which is nowhere near as interesting as what we're getting.

This might actually be the first decent run-up to WrestleMania in a while.

• Paid Members

Unbelievable how fragile Goldberg looked after the F5. Completely different to how he came across upon his return. Can see the Universal Title match lasting DB short at 'Mania unless there's a guest ref or something.

Edited by Suplex Sinner

• Awards Moderator

Unbelievable how fragile Goldberg looked after the F5. Completely different to how he came across upon his return. Can see the Universal Title match lasting DB short at 'Mania unless there's a guest ref or something.

It's a work, brother. There has to be some doubt and weakness hinted at to put jeopardy on Goldberg.

• Paid Members

Really interesting show. Nicely set up Reigns/Taker, Goldberg/Lesnar, Owens/Jericho and Bayley/Charlotte/Sasha for Mania and sowed the seeds of an Owens/Joe alliance/stable which could be great after Mania.

Didn't like Strowman backing away from Undertaker, Steph being a pointless, over-bearing cunt again, the virgins in Chicago or the fucking New Day.

Tag scene with Biz Cliz, Sheamus & Cesaro and Enzo & Cass is really good all of a sudden, although why would anyone get that angry about spilling coffee?? Ahem.

Cruiserweight stuff was all excellent too.

Really good show.

• Paid Members

Joe getting involved in the attack on Jericho at the start of the show seems to set the "New Evolution" thing into motion. I wonder whether Jericho's chairshot to the head of Owens will get him into trouble. I think he just about managed to get a hand up.

I could do without Big Show weeping his way through the sponsorship stings every commercial break.

Cruiserweights were good again, and the fans are still getting into it as well. It's taken a while, but Neville's managed to put the cruiserweights on the map. Can't wait to see The King Of The Cruiserweights Vs The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived.

The Goldberg Lesnar segment was pretty good.

I guess Cesaro & Sheamus getting involved sets us up nicely for a multi team affair at Mania.

That Snap German is still impressive.

Sasha's voice really grates on me. Charlotte calling Foley out on his fawning over Sasha was priceless. She's head and shoulders above the rest of the women's division, figuratively as well as literally. Those dickheads chanting CM Punk at Steph were put in their place. Throwing another potential PPV match away on free TV. Raw just became Nitro again. It was a pretty plodding match though. Felt like they were filling time until Charlotte came down to ringside for the finish.

Joe & Jericho was a nice taster of what could happen down the road somewhere.

After his loss to Reigns at Fastlane the monster push of Strowman continues by him backing out of the ring and skulking away from Undertaker through the crowd? Reigns sold that chokeslam really well. I'm still holding out for Taker to get in real "big dog" mode and go all American Badass for one last run.

Set Wrestlemania into place a bit better than Smackdown tried to last week. 

Really good show.

Agree, I thought Fast Lane was terrible but they did a good job with this episode. Owens/Jericho is the feud that has had the best build going into mania and I am really excited about their match. 

It was good to see Brock getting one back on Goldberg. Neville had a cracking match and I am glad they addressed Bayley not wanting to cheat to win.

I can take or leave Reigns/Undertaker but the setup was as good as post-streak Taker matches could be expected. It is going to be interesting when Reigns beats Taker and Brock on back to back nights though!