The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

There's no way it's getting booed. People said the same going into Survivor Series and after the events that unfolded, plus the developments at the Rumble, I can't see the crowd shitting on this. I think they will be white hot. How to book it though, is another matter. An extended Brock squash (rushing the bell) with a bigger than life hope spot for Bill seems the best option I can think of. This is assuming they can't go for a while together. Even then, I'd say this match is a hundred times more interesting than if you threw the other two in there. I love Jericho, and I like Owens but they would instantly suck out a lot of the star factor if they shoehorned their way into this.

edit: Let's have a go.

Brock attacks Goldie as JoJo is standing there doing the announcements. Pummels him constantly, couple of running knees, then onto a few suplexes (but not not too many). Two count. Goes for the F5- kick out. Another F5, kick out. Brock then signals for a spear, with a smirk on his face, Bill sidesteps and sends him into the post- hits a spear of his own. Another spear. Jackhammer- kick-out at 2. Goes for another Jackhammer- Brock floats over and hits a German suplex, picks him up for the third F5 and the win. All in under 5 mins, crowd level maintained, the right outcome and Bill doesn't look like a schmuck. I'd be happy with that.

I'm loving that spear attempt by Brock. It would be in character too, like how he mocked Taker.

• Paid Members

Brock attacks Goldie as JoJo is standing there doing the announcements. Pummels him constantly, couple of running knees, then onto a few suplexes (but not not too many). Two count. Goes for the F5- kick out. Another F5, kick out. Brock then signals for a spear, with a smirk on his face, Bill sidesteps and sends him into the post- hits a spear of his own. Another spear. Jackhammer- kick-out at 2. Goes for another Jackhammer- Brock floats over and hits a German suplex, picks him up for the third F5 and the win. All in under 5 mins, crowd level maintained, the right outcome and Bill doesn't look like a schmuck. I'd be happy with that.

Sounds perfect to me..

Yeah, I'd buy that. Everybody looks good, Goldberg looks good in defeat, crowd goes home happy. Assuming the match is for the Universal title I'd keep it on Brock for a while, and have Strowman take it off him at Summerslam but can they keep Brock interesting as a part time champion again?

Sounds perfect to me..

Can Goldberg take that many bumps (suplexes and F5's)?

• Paid Members

Sounds perfect to me..

Can Goldberg take that many bumps (suplexes and F5's)?

He's not suffered any particularly bad injuries, has he? I was under the impression he was in decent shape.

Has Meltzer said anything about Goldberg's condition? I keep seeing people saying how fragile he is, but he looks great in his trunks.

His matches should always be sprints anyway, it's what he's good at. Arguably the best ever at that kind of match. If the match with Lesnar goes longer than about 7 minutes max at Mania it'll be to its detriment.

• Paid Members

He isn't fragile whatsoever, he's just not in ring shape and he's rusty AF. He looks dodgy out there because he's blowing up and his footwork and positioning are all off.

Exactly. You get a smoke and mirrors match like the one I mentioned, a few suplexes (nowhere near Suplex City level) and F5's with a quick shine for him, and you've got the ideal match for them both. Sting did FAR more in his match against Trips, and no doubt Taker will try and pull out all the stops against Reigns. Goldberg will be fine with a few diggers and F5s.

I can't help but feel they got this the wrong way round, I'm not even sure the crowd will want to see Brock winning the title at Mania, its not the sort of match to send the fans home happy, they should of had Brock win the title, get one back on Goldberg and have Goldberg chase the title all the way to Mania. I guess they could still put the belt on Brock at the house show thing but very much doubt that.

With Goldberg getting the edge so far, it almost feels like a predictable Brock win, losing the title as well just adds to a disappointing finish. 

Is it predictable though? Nothing in their field had been predictable at the minute.

Goldberg beating Brick again and it just sending Brock over the edge and coming to kill everything in his path to try and prove he's still the monster he claims to be could work.

In theory, Brock losing again, work make him more dangerous than a win. Cocky Brock with the title is fine, but would you want to step in the ring with a Lesnar than has just been embarrassed again?

How do they get the belt off the Goldberg if he beats Brock again? Unless they are going to go full on heel Roman and have him take it off Goldberg a night later I can't see what they do other than vacating it and that nullifies the benefit of him having it in the first place. I expect we get Brock beating Goldberg but Goldberg getting to walk out with his head held high/ say goodbye on Raw the next night while Roman Reigns gets the shot at Brock and takes the belt. Actually i'd like to see that just to see the fans lose their shit