The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

They did a similar thing with the Styles Clash when Styles joined and it's ended up his finisher in the end, so they might just have him use the Muscle Buster now and again.

Decent couple of weeks for RAW anyway. We're finally rid of the endless Owens/Jericho/Reigns/Rollins combinations and the show is all the better for having Joe and Goldberg on it. I didn't expect them to go with Joe/Reigns so early but I'm sure it won't be the last time, they had a good match and will have a belter one of these days.

On paper, Goldberg v Lesnar for the title in the MAIN EVENT at WrestleMania in 2017 is batshit crazy. I can see why they've decided to make it for the title, it desperately needs some legitimacy and you don't want all your big matches to be non-title but is that really the match that is going to be closing the show? It's looking like it at this point, unless Reigns/Taker does end up being a retirement thing. 

the Styles Clash has a history, and as we saw with Ellsworth is very dangerous if you don't know how to take it, but that's still around, he just established the forearm and calf crusher as finishers too, it's good to establish a new move for Joe and obviously he's got the choke as well, I think we'll see the muscle buster in big matches down the line.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

They could have gone with Brock costing him the title he wants at FastLane and then Goldberg seeking revenge, guess they want to title on the match though.

In kayfabe terms this wouldn't make much sense anyway. Brock already knows hes got a match with Goldberg at Mania so surely he'll want Goldberg to beat Owens, meaning he has a chance to win the title at Mania.

Good build to Fast Lane this week, I thought. Strowman looked the best he ever has in his two segments. Joe gave a really strong opening promo and had a decent match with Reigns without giving too much away, leaving the door open for them to have better PPV matches in the future. And the Jericho/Owens developments were fun too. It's just a shame the four people I've mentioned are all heels as none of the faces have any fucking momentum at all, bar part-time Goldberg.

I've not minded Rollins the last few months but christ, the show felt noticeably fresher without him around.

Tozawa was better than his 205 Live debut but still disappointing on the whole. Then again, there's not a whole lot you can show when you're given 5 minutes with Drew Gulak. 

I know I'm going to mark out when Aries finally loses his rag and twats one of the Cruisers, while the live audience play on their phones and wait for New Day's entrance.

• Paid Members

Let's not forget he already has another finisher in the Kokina Clutch too. I'd imagine he'll be using that plenty over the coming weeks when destroying some of the smaller guys on the roster to give him more momentum.

Edit: just watched the Reigns/Joe match, what a cracker! Really enjoyed that, a nice little slugfest. Roman trying and eventually hitting the Samoan drop was good. Best Raw match I've seen in a long time that wasn't Charlotte VS Sasha Banks. Great start to Joe's main roster career.

Edited by PunkStep

Did it irritate anyone else the way Goldberg interrupted the KO and Jericho segment? Just from a logic stand point...they're in the ring....he's in his locker room....and now his music is playing? 

Did he text the sound guys from his locker room to say he's on his way so start up the music?  

I am! 

An immediate interruption with music makes more sense though, they're right at the entrance and the guy plays the music as he sees him about to walk out. 

Goldberg's was done just for the sake of "we always show him coming out from his locker room because that's what WCW did."

I'm also increasingly annoyed by the insistence that winning covers be made facing the hard camera. It looks so clumsy. Watch Nia Jaxx do it. Hits move, gets up, runs around the other side of the person and then pins her. NO! Just pin her where you are. We don't need to see your rubbish facial expressions on a hard camera shot to know you've won! 

• Paid Members

We don't need to see your rubbish facial expressions on a hard camera shot to know you've won!

Yes you do, this is a tv show- not a sport. Imagine Dev and Deirdre having an emotional blazing row on Corrie and all you can see is the back of their heads. Facials are every bit of the performance, the audience needs to see this.

Why would you just get annoyed at Goldberg texting the sound guys? By your logic, all wrestlers should be shown walking out of the sound truck before they make their surprise entrance.

Because it's stupid. He's sat in his locker room watching and gets them to play his music before exiting his room? 

We don't need to see your rubbish facial expressions on a hard camera shot to know you've won!

Yes you do, this is a tv show- not a sport. Imagine Dev and Deirdre having an emotional blazing row on Corrie and all you can see is the back of their heads. Facials are every bit of the performance, the audience needs to see this.

They have cameramen they can move about though don't they? The camera guys should ensure they get the shot, not the wrestler. Just adds to the fakeness and removes drama when you know the pin will only come when they're facing the hard camera. 

Why would you just get annoyed at Goldberg texting the sound guys? By your logic, all wrestlers should be shown walking out of the sound truck before they make their surprise entrance.

Because it's stupid. He's sat in his locker room watching and gets them to play his music before exiting his room? 

In kayfabe logic its not hard to imagine all the guys having the sound team on a Whatsapp group should they want their music cued up ahead of time whether its to surprise a rival (like HHH to Rollins last week) or to signify to the crowd they're on their way out.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

They have cameramen they can move about though don't they? The camera guys should ensure they get the shot, not the wrestler. Just adds to the fakeness and removes drama when you know the pin will only come when they're facing the hard camera. 

Surely they face the camera even on unsuccessful pin attempts.  Most the time anyway.

The only time when it annoyed me was when Jack Swagger won the MITB match.  He had the match won, but climbed down off the ladder and changed the position of the ladder so he'd be facing the camera, then climbed back up it.

No problem with them facing the hard camera to make the pin, that's fine and makes sense as it's a TV show. Nia Jax needs to make it look a bit more natural though, rather than hitting her finisher, getting up and having a little jog around the ring to get into position. She could just lie with her back on top of the opponent, leaning on them almost. She'd be facing the camera and it'd make her look even more "physically dominant" that she doesn't even need to pin her opponents properly to beat them.